Question about Skidaway Island State Park

Pde1976 asked on 8/5/2020

My wife will be working remotely while there. How is the WiFi. Should we get a WiFi booster?

Answered on 8/5/2020:

This is what I wrote in my January review: Between my T-Mobile phone (booster gave me 4 bars) and AT

Answered on 8/6/2020:

WIFI is only available at the office so I didn’t use it. Cellular was adequate but not great, but I was able to work every day.
Campendium
WA
27' Airstream Flying Cloud
Ford F-250

Answered on 8/5/2020:

The Skidaway Island State Park website states that Wi-Fi is only available in the park office.

Answered on 8/5/2020:

I had a solid 3 bars on Verizon without booster. I guess a booster couldn't hurt

Answered on 8/5/2020:

IIRC there is no wifi in the campground (at least at our site). T-Mobile was fair to poor for our hotspot. Not sure about other carriers.
manatina
GA
19' Dutchmen Aerolite
2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner

Answered on 8/10/2020:

It’s been so long since we were there. I’m sorry, but I don’t know. Could you let us know when you find out?
Annie
Gainesville, FL
17' Safari Condo 1743
Honda Ridgeline RTL

Answered on 8/9/2020:

The campground does not have any wifi, so a wifi booster wouldn't help.

Answered on 8/6/2020:

Hi, it’s a state park and as such does not offer WiFi. There is Verizon signal however and while it has been a few years since we were there I don’t recall having any issues. But things are subject to change. The campground is on a resort island with a lot of high end home nearby so I would expect that the Verizon signal is pretty robust.

Answered on 8/5/2020:

If you need faster speed then i would get a cell booster yes, we had pretty good coverage on ATT
Phil
30' Winnebago Minnie Winnie

Answered on 8/5/2020:

I don’t remember having WiFi there. I used my Verizon hotspot, but not for work.