Silver Lake Road

Delaware State Forest

Silver Lake Road Dingmans Ferry, PA 18328 570-895-4000 Official Website

• Reviews (1)

Overview of Silver Lake Road

A camping permit is required and can be obtained, at no cost, by emailing or calling the Delaware State Forest District Office. Permits are issued M-F, 8:00-4:00 p.m.

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.*
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Elevation 1,312 ft / 399 m

Max Stay 14

Q&A - Ask the Community about Silver Lake Road

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Silver Lake Road

Reviews of Silver Lake Road 1 person has reviewed this location.

Thumb mwads
mwads
Collegeville, PA Volvo S60

Reviewed 6/17/2019

Site Number: E-14

This is the closest free camping spot to my house in Pennsylvania. Getting a permit was easy enough. I originally called the Delaware State Forest, but for future reference you just need to email them at ra-fd19@pa.gov and say you would like a camping permit. They prefer that you give them advance notice, although I requested the permit the same day as our arrival and it worked out fine. Be sure to have the permit taken care of by 4 pm on a weekday, as their office closes after that. They are not open on weekends. Looking at the map, it seems we stayed at the spot across the street from this pin, at E-14. The pin is located at E-13. When requesting a permit, you will be sent a map of the forest and all of the camp spots to choose from. E-14 was a large grass area, surrounded by trees on all sides and minimal noise from the road. There was a fire ring, a picnic table, and a bulletin board with some rules posted. It is a huge area, with plenty of space for multiple tents and cars. The spot is a pull-off from the road. You drive down a short dirt driveway to get to the grassy clearing, and there is another dirt driveway looping back out to the same road. My cousin and I both have simple sedans and we got in just fine. We tried to walk to the lake, but did not find any public access. All roads leading to it are claimed as private. The camp spot was clean and someone had left some firewood which was useful. I found 2 ticks on me at bed time, and our friend had 1 as well. Be sure to check for them, and be careful of the poison ivy in the wooded areas. Overall we were very happy with our experience and I would absolutely go back.

mwads would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Silver Lake Road!

Be the first to add a video for Silver Lake Road!

Have you written a blog post about Silver Lake Road?

• Dispersed Camping

Five Mile Meadow Road

Just for sleeping

- al

High Line Road

Hunter's Camp Site

- The Novel Traveler

Dingmans Campground

Heavily wooded campground on the Delaware river.

- Cilester