Silver City RV Park

Thumb stagecoach thumb
OnTheWriteRoads
Livingston, TX
34 Heartland Prowler Lynx
“Packed in like sardines!”

Reviewed Mar 22, 2016

We needed to pick up a package in Silver City so decided to hang out at Silver City RV Park for a couple of days while awaiting arrival of our mail. They offered $25 primitive sites with access to laundry, restrooms, showers plus it was in the "heart of Silver City". That was a plus since we wanted to explore the area.

When we arrived, it was a little off-putting to see how tight the sites are...and almost full. I think some are full time residents. The host gave us a full hook-up site which is normally $34 for $25. Can't complain about that. The showers are large with hot water. Decent laundry. Coffee and donut shop up by the office. Dump on site. Nicely treed. A few "cabins" are scattered around the park. Even a dog run on a hilly corner. It wasn't great but, hey, they had poop bags so I'm good. There is public WiFi with sketchy service.

What I didn't like was the ridiculously tight sites. We were assigned site one which is next to Gila cabin. Had to park the truck in front of our 23' travel trailer otherwise we couldn't open doors on either vehicle. It was slightly on the road but no one seemed to care. Our site had a picnic table which was partially buried under dried leaves that also covered the back of the lot. I swept them into a pile along the fence. It was noisy with neighbors and cars. Someone nearby really likes their loud mufflers because it sounded like a drag race until midnight.

I'm not sure we'd stay here again. I gave it 3 stars because of the price reduction. If you have a large rig, be prepared for some creative parking. I know it can be done because there are big rigs here. I just don't know how they got in.

about Silver City RV Park?

Rose valley rv ranch