Silver City RV Park

Thumb 70ce4758 9018 42c8 8873 21f740e8c589
Robert&Sharon
Las Cruces, NM
25 Renegade Villagio

Robert&Sharon would stay here again

“Just What We Wanted”

Reviewed Nov 14, 2018

We were looking for a campground close enough to town for walking. This is definitely the place! We walked around town which was about five minutes away on two days with our dog. This is a doggie friendly place with several interesting shops & good restaurants. There is a nice large park about three blocks from the RV campgrounds which our dog loved.

The restrooms at the campground were spotless & owners/managers/staff were very friendly & helpful. They helped me set up my TV to receive their free cable service since this was the first time we had used cable. We met many nice people in permanent or long-term sites. While sites are close to each other they have trees, fences or other boundaries that separate them enough that we didn’t feel cramped. They have a fenced in dog walk/run area allowing off-leash runs inside the RV park. As a bonus they have a coffee shop on site offering breakfast & other snacks including yummy donuts made freshly every morning. Very hard to walk past the smell of fresh donuts first thing in the morning! 🍩😋👍

Thumb stagecoach thumb
OnTheWriteRoads
Livingston, TX
34 Heartland Prowler Lynx
“Packed in like sardines!”

Reviewed Mar 22, 2016

We needed to pick up a package in Silver City so decided to hang out at Silver City RV Park for a couple of days while awaiting arrival of our mail. They offered $25 primitive sites with access to laundry, restrooms, showers plus it was in the "heart of Silver City". That was a plus since we wanted to explore the area.

When we arrived, it was a little off-putting to see how tight the sites are...and almost full. I think some are full time residents. The host gave us a full hook-up site which is normally $34 for $25. Can't complain about that. The showers are large with hot water. Decent laundry. Coffee and donut shop up by the office. Dump on site. Nicely treed. A few "cabins" are scattered around the park. Even a dog run on a hilly corner. It wasn't great but, hey, they had poop bags so I'm good. There is public WiFi with sketchy service.

What I didn't like was the ridiculously tight sites. We were assigned site one which is next to Gila cabin. Had to park the truck in front of our 23' travel trailer otherwise we couldn't open doors on either vehicle. It was slightly on the road but no one seemed to care. Our site had a picnic table which was partially buried under dried leaves that also covered the back of the lot. I swept them into a pile along the fence. It was noisy with neighbors and cars. Someone nearby really likes their loud mufflers because it sounded like a drag race until midnight.

I'm not sure we'd stay here again. I gave it 3 stars because of the price reduction. If you have a large rig, be prepared for some creative parking. I know it can be done because there are big rigs here. I just don't know how they got in.

about Silver City RV Park?

Rose valley rv ranch