Shasta Lake RV Resort

35 Arctic Fox 29-5K
2001 Dodge Ram 3500
“Don't Rely On GPS”

Reviewed Apr 07, 2017

I think if this park was packed and I had to fight a crowd to stay there it would have been a 2 star park. We were there in the off season and it was empty (I think only 4 or 5 other RVs). So though the spaces were close together it felt private to us as we had many empty spaces between rigs.

We had to rely on their wifi as the cell signal was horrible. Their WIFI would go from VERY FAST to VERY SLOW!!!. It felt like maybe they were on a residential cable modem. If no one else was using it then it was great, but if anyone else was it was horrible. Again not a huge issue due to being there in the off season but I imagine this would be horrible when they are crowded.

Owner came out and checked us in and I saw her about 3 other times, she was rather friendly.

Our GPS sent us down the road the wrong way. I had looked at it on satellite before but the address shows up in totally the wrong place (same wrong place the GPS was taking us to) since I mainly just saw trees it felt like it could have been a small RV park and I trusted it. Ended up going down a dead end road that LUCKILY had a large turn around area at the end of it. When we found and arrived at the RV park (after calling for directions) the owner told us that most GPS's do that and that it is a common problem.

Since they know about it, I think it sure would have been nice if when sending a welcome email, or on their site, or when on the phone booking, they would have told us not to use the GPS and to give us the proper directions. It kind of started our visit off on the wrong foot.

[Actual stay was 10/15/15]

about Shasta Lake RV Resort?

• horseshoes