• Reviews

Reservations yes

Elevation 0 ft / 0 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Savannah Oaks RV Resort

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Savannah Oaks RV Resort

Reviews of Savannah Oaks RV Resort 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 11/23/2019
Thumb 70dedbce 6bd1 425e 868b 28cd3274bcc6
Blake
IL 26' Jayco 26RKS GMC Sierra 2500 HD
“Great RV park!”

Reviewed 11/23/2019

Stayed here 11/18/19 to 11/23/19. After checking in, a staff member led me in a golf cart out to my site and then helped me get squared away in the site, which was really nice. Savannah Oaks is setup like many other RV parks where you are pretty close to your neighbors and there isn't a ton of privacy. However, I enjoyed my stay here much more than I typically do at RV parks. They had every kind of amenity you could want, and their staff and the other campers here were very friendly. I really liked that they had a gas station/convenience store right on premise. Their laundry facility had 7 or 8 washing machines and 6 dryers (including two huge commercials ones) and a pool table and arcade games to play while you waited. The bathrooms were very clean and nice and they also had a pool and workout room which I never got a chance to check out. Another big plus for me was that the WiFi worked really well on my laptop (phone not so much for some reason). I was able to work off of it and watch youtube videos no problem.

I think my favorite thing here was the kayak rental. The park is right on the Ogeechee River, so you can rent a kayak from the office (I paid $15 for 4 hours) and go out on the river. It was absolutely beautiful.

The location here is also great. I noticed Savannah traffic could be really bad around rush hour, but typically it only took about 15-20 minutes to get places. Also be sure to check out Black Rifle Coffee just down the street (in the same building as Nine Line apparel) if you like coffee!

I only have a couple negative things to say about Savannah Oaks. First the electric hookups seemed a little janky. The 30amp plug didn't have a breaker on it or even any kind of cover. It was just an exposed outlet. Mine was actually in good shape, but I thought that was kind of odd. The only other thing is that it could be noisy at times. It's right on the highway so you pick up all the traffic noise. And oddly enough, there were a lot of explosion sounds while I was here too. At my last campsite in Columbia, SC I wrote about there being explosions all the time and I figured out it was because the campground was next to Fort Jackson. Well it turns out that Savannah Oaks is also right next to a fort (Fort Stewart), and they were doing mortar drills the entire time I was there. So more explosions... and these actually went for 24 hours, including all through the night. I was told that they only sometimes do this kind of training, so it was just bad luck that I was there while they were doing it, but it's still something I wanted to mention. Other than these two small complaints, everything was great at this RV park.

Blake would stay here again

“Surprisingly awesome!”

Reviewed 4/5/2018

We were late making a reservation and Savannah Oaks was the only spot we could find. Having preferred a secluded camping experience or state park (for our 3 kids to roam and play) we were suprised by how comfortable it was! Everything was clean and everyone was super friendly! Helpful stall with store conveniently located and open until 10pm. Pool was great! Fishing, trails and AMAZING bath houses! Only recommendation would be to bring hand soap and towel for hand washing in bathroom...they only have hand sanitizer in restrooms. Fire pits and wood available at store. We enjoyed their hand dipped ice cream, basketball and tetherball! Playground wasn’t the greatest, but we spent a lot of time off site anyway. There is a pool table and a couple arcade games in the laundry house, washer and dryers PLUS a dog washing station! Seems like they thought of it all. We usually tent camp but for rookie pop-up campers (no really knowing what to expect otherwise) we couldn’t be happier! Also, free WiFi was kinda sketchy farther from main office but great at closer campsites.

johnandlaci would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Savannah Oaks RV Resort!

Be the first to add a video for Savannah Oaks RV Resort!

Have you written a blog post about Savannah Oaks RV Resort?

Connectivity