Saratoga RV Park

518-798-1913

Marie G

36 Beaver Marquis
2002 PT Cruiser
“Nice neighbors; awful manager”

Reviewed Oct 29, 2017

We were there for three months while getting some medical issues addressed. The rate shown above is the amount per day at the monthly rate.

While the grounds are lovely, they are not well kept. Litter is not picked up - I documented some litter that was left for a month in the middle of the road. (I normally pick up litter as I walk, but there are no trash cans in this park other than the big dumpsters near the office, in which to put it.)

Our neighbors were fun, entertaining and inclusive. Everyone in our "loops" had permanent spots they come to in the summer - many for weekends only. Most had been coming for years.

Madge, the manager, was a different story. I could never tell whether today's Madge would be smiling and helpful, or on a rampage. I have a photo of a trashy mattress she left propped against the door of my rig, a couple of days after I asked her how to dispose of an old mattress (big signs saying what not to put in the dumpsters include mattresses, among many other things.) She was helpful in giving me directions to the nearest dump, but then she assumed I was the person who left a mattress standing near the dumpsters a couple of days later, and left it blocking the door to my RV. Adversarial doesn't begin to describe her attitude.

On three separate occasions she raised her voice to me for minor infractions of her rules. Rude and uncalled for. I was there three months and asked for the monthly rate for a final 10 days, only to be denied and charged full price. Saratoga RV Park was the worst camping experience in two years of full-time RVing.

We were near the front, so there was some noise from the main road going beside the park - mostly only hotrodders or sirens were noticable.

about Saratoga RV Park?