This location may be closed or operating with restrictions.
Please let us know if this location is open.
  • Reviews (2)

Overview of Sandy Shores Campground

Monthly Rate Yes

Pad Type grass

Reservations yes

Open Seasonally May - October

Elevation 623 ft / 189 m

View Map
portable computer displaying map of camping locations
mobile device showing map of camping locations
Roadpass Pro
Signup for Roadpass Pro to get premium access to all of these great road travel apps.
Unlock pro campendium features
Ad Free Experience
Cell Service Overlays & Reports
Public Land Map Overlays
Trail Maps
Filter by Elevation
Pro icon Join Roadpass Pro

Q&A - Ask the Community about Sandy Shores Campground

To ask questions of the owner or manager please contact the campground directly. 906-286-2043

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Sandy Shores Campground

Reviews of Sandy Shores Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 8/4/2020
AT&T 4G
Last reported 7/5/2019
“Has Potential”

Reviewed 8/4/2020

Site Number: 7 and 38

Upon my arrival date I went to the camp host/check in to pay and get my site numbers as I had forgotten them when I made reservations. I had reserved 2 sites- one waterfront and one inland- but they only had me down for 1 site on the water. The host proceeded to tell me they weren't sure if they had an extra site for me. I let them know I was 5 hrs away from home and had the rest of my party on the way for the second site. To make it right- because they were wrong- they moved another person's site and gave me theirs. Once settled in, we went to explore the amenities. The bathrooms are old school outhouses. They are cleaned once a day and you get what you get. The camp store had been closed for years it looked like and there are no showers. The boat launch is a narrow fit and the water is extremely shallow. If you plan on hooking up a camper I hope your neighbor doesn't also plan on using the electric as each site has 1 pole they share with one camper plug in. This didn't affect me as I was in a tent. The first night other than inconveniences was nice. Day 2 it became so windy and it never let up. There were also a bunch of cars that at about 12-1am like to rev up and speed around the camp with no one to stop them. There is a mix of permanent and temporary sites, and it seems everybody knows everybody. The sites are clean, but a tight fit. The host is very friendly.

“Affordable waterfront camping with sandy beach and electric hookups”

Reviewed 7/5/2019

I've stayed here in both a tent and an RV. For tenters, it's going to feel pretty packed in compared to some of the state campgrounds. It is totally fine for tenting but it's a little nicer if you're in an RV as quarters are close. There is electric but it's 115v standard house plug (15am? 20amp? unsure) so bring your adapter. No dump station but you can dump at the state campground down the road for $10 (which seems a bit steep to me but...). There is a business that will pump you out from your site that stops through -- sounds like Mondays right now. So ask around as that is probably a better deal in the end.

There is a water station -- if you go about 1/2 way down the campground, you'll see a red hut and there is a sink on one side you can screw a hose onto the adapter. The big huge outlet is (at least according to one guy) for the fire trucks to fill up at -- don't try to use that as it'll blast you away. Really good water.

There seems to be a mix of short term and longer term residents. Lots of multi-family people with multiple spots and generations of families. Lots of kids so it's family-friendly. All in all, I think this is one of my favorite campgrounds in terms of just being kind of chill. But if you like things proper and organized and on schedule, this place might be a bit too relaxed for you.

AT&T 4G

noted 7/25/2023

Closed - Sign covered and do not enter sign at entrance.

Be the first to add a video for Sandy Shores Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Sandy Shores Campground?

• firewood
  • general store

Indian Lake Travel Resort

Average campground on beautiful lake

- Steve

Indian Lake West Campground

Nice place. Power and basic toilets

- Andrea