Question about San Luis State Wildlife Area Campground

Thumb resized 20171024 094204 6133
Camptown Races
KS 21' Winnebago Micro Minnie 2106FBS

Answered on 12/19/2019:

I'm pretty sure it is. I've seen photos of others camping in the snow. Remember it's free electricity but there is no water. Get your Colorado fishing license to stay there although we were never asked for it and stayed twice. There is a dump station. Happy camping!

Answered on 12/18/2019:

Open all year because there is NO WATER--ie., no water lines to freeze. But check out the elevation because the San Luis Valley is one of the coldest places in Colorado in winter. If you don't mind single digit or negative nighttime temps in your RV, then feel free to stay. But it is not "free" unless you have a Colorado fishing or hunting license (which costs $9.75 annually for a Colorado resident senior like me). Check the CPW website for more info and possible closures.

Answered on 12/18/2019:

I think this wildlife area is open seasonally ... however, you call the CPW Office at Monte Vista for more information at 719-587-6900. ​
Thumb rivernme 18
HacknRiver
TX 30' Forest River X Lite Ford F250

Answered on 12/18/2019:

Year round. They have a park host who told me they get massive snow and cold.
Thumb dirt roads and sunsets wht
Dirt Roads & Sunsets
GA 19' Intech Sol Toyota FJ Cruiser

Answered on 12/18/2019:

I don't know what the seasonality is. I believe If you call the below number they will let should be able to let you know. CPW Office at Monte Vista for more information at 719-587-6900
We need your help!
We depend on the support of the community for maintenance and development of the Campendium website. If everyone who visits Campendium today gave $1.50 we would hit our goal. Learn more about the 2020 Campendium Fundraiser all the ways you can support us: Subscribe Donate Purchase