Question about San Jon Municipal Park

lilcamcamcamping asked on 10/19/2020

Can you tent camp at San Jon Municipal Park?

Answered on 10/19/2020:

We stayed there in 6/20 this year and had a nice overnight stay. Clean washrooms and quiet at night. A good overnight spot to break up a long drive. Have fun
Dana
Chewelah, WA Ford Pleasure Way on Transit E350hd chassis

Answered on 10/19/2020:

I don't see why you couldn't. There is grass and a picnic table at the sites, but I believe that the restrooms were closed when I was there in Sept.
I Think We're Lost
LA Ram Promaster

Answered on 10/19/2020:

Maybe, If you get towards the back a little. This is pretty much a city park. Not that it’s a big city, but you’re in the wide open. I think you could probably get away with it for one night. I was in a van, but I did see a lady just laying on an air mattress in the back of her open pick up truck.
Steve
21' Winnebago Travato

Answered on 10/19/2020:

Yes. It would be fine. Grassy areas. Nice restrooms. No showers.
Clementine
13' Ford Transit Connect

Answered on 10/19/2020:

I don't see why not. It's a sleepy little hamlet. A very sweet little free campground a block of the highway. I van camp there on my way to California from Texas often. I've never had any trouble, always felt safe. I've never been there when there were more than three or four other campers. There's a spot up front that is more off the driveway that might be safer for a tent. Most of the spots are right on the U-shaped driveway. Hope this helps.

Answered on 10/19/2020:

I think it is more made for an overnight stay in your RV or car, I mean, I don't see why you can't tent camp since there is there is dirt and picnic benches, but you are camping basically around other houses and buildings......