Saddleback Campground

41 Campground Road Rt 43
Northwood, NH 03261
603-942-7285

Site Number: A1

OC EarthMom would stay here again

“What a DELIGHT”

Reviewed Aug 15, 2017

WoW, what a delight! I've had to write a few stinker reviews lately, so now, while I really should be working, I'm delighted to be writing this. My stay here started out amazing, and just got better. The reservation phone call, my greeting upon arrival by the owner, then his son (maybe 14?) showing me to my spot; what delightful people who truly care, and it shows in every aspect of this place. The spots do not have water or sewer, just electric, but everything is close by and convenient. Internet is fantastic, ATnT cell service adequate, although apparently Verizon works best here. The price of $17.50 with Passport America is such a bargain, I am amazed. I normally travel through Good Sam, and this park was not on their list. I'm so glad I checked PA or I would have missed this gem! I'm sitting under my awning, enjoying a gentle rain, looking out over the beautiful pond. I'm surrounded by beautiful planter boxes (someone has a gift for planting boxes!), in this incredibly tidy and neat little park. It is a "park," as beautiful as any park I've been in, with little rolling hills giving different elevations. Each site has tons of space, a picnic table, manicured grass, and a well-placed fire pit. The little pond has specified use areas; frog catching & fishing, a swimming beach and some little sit and appreciate areas. The whole place is gravel, so no riding bikes, but there is a very well equipped playground, and the little "swimmin hole" for kids. Oh and frog catching? That beats riding bikes any day! The bathrooms are rustic; painted cinderblock, but very adequate, well kept and VENTILATED. OMG I wish other places understood the importance of this. They even have a hotel-type hair dryer in them! There is a little storage building next to the bathhouse with a "honor system" washer and dryer. This place has everything. I wish I could get some work done instead of sitting out here enjoying it!

Thumb alan glasses
AlanMcD
OH
Airstream 26U

AlanMcD would stay here again

“Fantastic Hosts!”

Reviewed Nov 14, 2015

We stayed at Saddleback for a week while visiting family in Manchester, NH and had a great time. What put this campground over the top was the hosts! They were very nice and extremely accommodating. We had a last minute family gathering at the campground and the owners/hosts let us use their event tent, grill, etc. The campground is a small, well run campground that is more geared towards adults than children, which is great for us. They did have a playground and fishing & frog catching pond and provide nets for the kids to catch frogs, which some of my younger nephews & nieces had a ball with. But overall not many kids there. The location is definitely off the beaten path. It is very quiet.

about Saddleback Campground?