Question about Saddle Mountain Dispersed Camping

Jay asked on 11/19/2020

Is Saddle Mountain crowded in January? Would it be difficult to find a truck camping site?

Answered on 11/21/2020:

January is probably the busiest month, but I would think with a truck camper you would have more opportunities than most for a good site. Then again I’ve seen a lot more campers out this year than most because of covid
Tim
40' American Coach Traditions

Answered on 11/20/2020:

When we were there last year there were about 10 rv's total, I think that was in January, plenty of room out there.
WayneOnTheRoad
AB, Canada

Answered on 11/20/2020:

The area is huge. You should have no problems.
Drew
AZ 5' Little Guy Silver Shadow - Rough Rider Ford Explorer Sport

Answered on 11/20/2020:

I’ve never had a problem finding a spot, nor is it ever busy. You won’t have a problem finding a spot. There are many pull outs, but the further you go toward the mountain there are many boondocking opportunities.
RobertWitham
Gillette, NV Ford E-150

Answered on 11/21/2020:

Saddle Mountain is busier now than it was several years ago when I first discovered it - and January is certainly "peak" time there. Still, it is a fairly large area and the number of campers seems to flux so some days/weeks are busier than others. I would think with a truck camper in particular that you would have no problem finding a good spot.

Answered on 11/21/2020:

no problem on the site locations
This is unbelievable
Alvarado, TX 27' Heartland Mallard Ford F250

Answered on 11/20/2020:

There is usually an abundance of spots to call home pretty much year round. I can assure you it is very rocky there but if you just take your time and go slow you'll be fine.
Gonewalkabout
St. Albans Town, VT 33' Keystone Montana 293RK 2016 Ford F350 Diesel

Answered on 11/20/2020:

I've only been there twice and once was in December. There was plenty of sites we could have used. I can't imagine it is overly crowded at any time

Nope. Lots of space.