• Reviews (2)

Overview of Sacramento 49er Travel Plaza

Reduced to $5 Fee with fuel purchase.

Elevation 0 ft / 0 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Sacramento 49er Travel Plaza

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Sacramento 49er Travel Plaza

Reviews of Sacramento 49er Travel Plaza 2 people have reviewed this location.

“Upgraded Dump Station”

Reviewed 2/20/2020

Price: $12

The whole Truckstop is undergoing a major upgrade/remodel. The dump station has been re-done and significantly improved since we were last here in October. There is a locked cover over the hole. After you pay an attendant unlocks the cover. The only downside is the attendant has to stay there the whole time you are dumping.

Prices are $12 with no purchase and $9.50 with Good Sam discount.

As for overnight parking the lot is clearly marked prohibiting it. So I am not sure if things have changed since previous reviews.

NomadikCulture would use this facility again

fathers4justice
19' Dodge Pleasure Way
“Leave the parking lot or you will be shot!”

Reviewed 10/31/2019

Price: FREE!

Pulled in here, needed fuel and food. Bought $100 worth of gas, QUESTIONABLE food, bought some electronics. Kind of tired, noticed 50-60 cars and campers in the parking lot, just like Flying J and even saw the sign, "Flying J".

Too tired to drive safely, so, I thought I would get a few hours of sleep before proceeding on down the highway. I was peacefully sound asleep when I was awoken by a banging on the door!!! I noticed it was security, so I asked, "What is the problem? What's the matter? I was being yelled at by security to leave the parking lot OR I WOULD BE SHOT! I had a red laser dot on my shirt, I could not see the gun as they had bright flashlights in my eyes. I asked, "What am I doing wrong?" They responded again with, "Leave the parking lot or you will be shot."

SHOCKED is putting it mildly... I was not even awake, I was tired from traveling all day and now I am going to be shot by some ignorant kid they gave a badge and a gun too? probably just yesterday? Ok, Ok... I will leave but this is not good business protocol, I am a paying customer, this is a rest stop, all I want is a little rest so I can drive safely. "Leave the parking lot or you will be shot" I looked around and saw that they were threatening to shoot everyone in the parking lot!!!

An elderly gentleman then approached the vehicle in a flying J shirt and said, "You have 5 minutes to leave". I said, OK, OK, I got the message, I am just trying to wake up.

I have contacted Flying J corporate and several other of their operations. I am told that the old manager there is a nut case and it is best just to stay away from that gas station as there is no telling when he is going to go off...

I was passing back through headed in the other direction a few days later and pulled in with video camera rolling and saw again, 50-60 vehicles parked in the lot. I don't know if they have actually shot and killed anyone there but if they have, or do, this should serve as a notice to help others.

Be the first to add a note for Sacramento 49er Travel Plaza!

Connectivity
  • Game room

SacWest RV Park & Campground

Not good

- Dotty

Cal Expo RV Park

Nice for a big parking lot

- BrianNJenny