Royal Coachmen RV Resort

Stathunter (Scott...
MI
23 Rockwood Mini-Lite
2016 Ford F-150
“Not a resort, a let down.”

Reviewed Apr 26, 2018

We were on a random tour of Florida and decided that the Venice area was one stop we wanted to make, the problem was we could not get into any state park (our preference) so we found Royal Coachman RV Resort and the price seemed decent for a resort, $50 per night.

We arrived and were initially pleasantly impressed. The front was nice and the pool looked good. After walking in and trying to get someone to help us (they were not busy, the guy at the front desk looked busy, he pointed me to the person in the office "who could help me". The guy in the office took my money and give me details about the site location. We were put in site #1, who he told me many people don't like..........not sure why he share that.

After paying and getting directions we drove to site #1, which we drove by accidentally because it is located between two mobile home trailers that are there full time. The trailers are nice but it was an odd location. After unhooking the travel trailer, setting up the levelers, getting everything set up (in the hot humid weather) we could not get the electrical to work. I even thought I may have blown a fuse so I went into the camper and open up the electrical panel looking for a bad fuse. After looking at all the potential issues I realized that there was no power to the box (the electrical box is a metered box that was a bit confusing, it looked like it was working but in the end was not. I then drove back up front with my unhooked truck and found the office closed (it was now 5:05pm and no one was to be found. I hunted for a while and found a maintenance worker (Donald) who looked like he was about to check out.

Donald ended up going back and looking at the issue. He realized that the previous person who was there (for an extended time, had the electrical in their name and had it turned off). This place is 98% snow birds with either a perm mobile home or camper. It looks like most spend the season and then leave in May to go back home. Donald tried a few other ways to get electrical without any success. He then left to see if he could get the electrical turned on and then came back to let us know he was not able to do so. He offered a few other spots and helped us tear down camp, hook up the trailer and move to another location. We eventually found another location and set up camp again, it was not a fun experience. Donald was VERY nice and told us that he would speak to the front desk to take care of us.

We spent two days at this "resort" and can tell you that is is not a resort, it is a tightly packed campground with very sad, dirty showers. It is really a group gathering place for older snowbirds that are looking for a decent place at a decent rate. There were no campfire rings, I was a bit sad. It was located 5 miles away from Venice beach Florida which we loved very much. There is not much close to the campground, you really have to drive into town a few miles away to get food or anything.

We stayed our two nights and left to get to our next destination. We never heard from anyone, they never "took care of us". I did get a survey via email a day after we left, I was honest and filled it out. The manager emailed me explaining why there was an issue and apologizing.

I would suggest that is you want to stay in the Venice area that you book the state park in advance. Avoid this "resort" or the others we drove by (Pines RV, looked like a tightly packed low end trailer park).

AT&T 3G

about Royal Coachmen RV Resort?

• basketball court