Road Canyon Camping Area

Elgin, AZ 85611
520-258-7200

Pad Type: dirt
Max Stay: 14

“Yes, will do it again, and again.”

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Hate putting flags on this area, having it mostly to myself. Does get windy and hot, but that goes with the territory. I did dispersing camping, short distance from the designated camp area, no one seem to mind lucky me.

My only big concern, is the tall dry grass catching fire. I found a few used open fire pits that made me wonder about late at night having the need to run. So I choose my campsite away from tall grass as much as possible with a quick get away in mind.

No phone service, but could text ever so often. no issues here. glad to get away from all of it.

Verizon

Thumb dave n kim
Dave'n'Kim
Rio Dell, CA
27 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck
Site Number: N/A
“3 sites but nice for the area; + possible Pronghorn nearby!”

Reviewed Mar 14, 2018

We stayed here a few days in Feb 2018, and enjoyed it because we got our 3rd view of Pronghorn antelope in this area while walking a short distance up the track north from this campsite, so it’s ‘on their route’ (they were re-introduced here some years back)! It is true ‘Little House On The Prairie” wide-open-grassland here! We moved here after a week at the nearby Cieneguita Camping area and visiting the interesting Empire Ranch – the 5ml route between the 2 is OK for almost any RV except a large low-clearance motorhome? There are just 3 camping spots here, ‘pull-throughs’, the 3rd being huge (big enough for more than one RV). It’s pot-luck whether available of not; ATV’s and hunters sometimes camp here, more in weekends. Nearby Sonoita village has a Dollar General, a Library with iffy wifi, but not much else.

about Road Canyon Camping Area?

• Dispersed Camping