This location may be closed, not accepting new reservations, or is operating with restrictions due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Learn more.
Please let us know if this location is open.

River Ridge

Army Corps Of Engineers

Hoovers Ferry Road Cecil, AR 72930 479-968-5008 Official Website

• Reviews (2)

Overview of River Ridge

Elevation 393 ft / 119 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about River Ridge

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about River Ridge

Reviews of River Ridge 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 3/8/2019
Thumb img 20190306 141552 139
Chloekicksbutt
OK 24' 1986 Terry Taurus Chevrolet Silverado
“Tampon and beer can trash lines the shore”

Reviewed 3/8/2019

Site Number: None

This is a free campground, but we came in the beginning of March and it was closed. Although on the website there was absolutely no where that it indicates it being closed for the winter or anything. We stayed at another spot on the list and it was open so I'm not sure... Luckily there is a boat ramp site right next to it and it was big enough to park there for the night. Couple people drove by as it looks like the local drink spot. Beer cans and tampon trash all along the shore. We stayed here for free so I picked up quite a bit, but all the bags we have couldn't contain the trash at this park... it's pretty run down and I think its probably permanently closed from the looks. No tellin. Just needs some TLC and it would be a great park because of it being right on the water! Beautiful. If you are tenting unless the park is open, I wouldnt come here. We have a 24ft trailer, with the truck we are about as long as a semi.it doesn't have an option for this but I have uscellular and I have 3 bars here Verizon is great here as well.

Thumb grand canyon   sarah
SCM
Calgary, AB, Canada 26' Flagstaff Bumper Trailer 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
“A bit difficult to find but decent”

Reviewed 5/22/2018

Site Number: b17

This campground is very far from the interstate. I had chosen it because it seemed like it was on the way to Hot Springs National Park (recommended btw).

The campground itself is clean enough. There were a couple long termers in the campground at one end running generators but we stayed at the other end. The bathrooms are extremely disgusting and I'm not sure they work at all. There is also no place to leave your garbage so it is pack in and pack out. The site was nice enough with picnic table and fire pit. If you are used to Arkansas (I am not) then perhaps the water quality of the river is what you would expect but it seemed really dirty and I wouldn't go in it.

The entire campground is a big loop, I'd say about twenty sites total. Easy access to back into sites (no pull throughs), but the state road to get there is quite narrow (although completely paved and smooth). Lots of trees and shade from the heat, but also lots of flies.

SCM would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for River Ridge!

Be the first to add a video for River Ridge!

Have you written a blog post about River Ridge?

• boat ramp

Vine Prairie Park & Boat Launch

Quiet bare bones campground

- FoCoMama3

Clear Creek

quiet great view, buggy though

- captainmitch