Rio Verde RV Park

Gone Again Flanagans
McKinney, TX
33 Jayco JayFlight 28BHS
2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
“Centrally located and the best of the worst RV park options”

Reviewed Mar 05, 2018

Edited 3/8/2018:
I originally rated this park as a 3 for the reasons listed in my original review. The lack of management and poor communication by the office has compelled me to update.
Today the park was having a contractor work on the sewer, which we were not advised of. At some point during the repair the contractor hit a water line. If the park had notified us of the work happening today, we could have filled our fresh water tank with some water and not been impacted. Instead they have left us working from emergency water bottles just to wash dishes and make dinner. Sorry, but you just can't leave people without water for undetermined amounts of time. At the least give people the chance to prepare for the worst case scenario. Minus 1 star.

Original Review:
I really struggled with reviewing this park, maybe my hopes were too high at the start? When you read that the park is right along the river, that's true - technically. The river is flowing 20' below your site, you can at least hear it but can't see it just sitting outside your camper. The town of Cottonwood is centrally located for many sight seeing adventures and there are also several wine tasting rooms.
The park could use some TLC and general maintenance or upkeep of shrubbery, trash pickup and it appears they are dealing with a serious problem of erosion along the river. So the spots - while they should accommodate a big rig - are a bit hit and miss for length. The rear of our 32' was hanging over a steep slope.
There are mostly permanent residents here and the collection of "things" outside their living spaces adds to the unkempt feel.
The spaces are "mostly" gravel. It rained while we were here and we ended up briefly in mud due to the rock being packed deep below the surface. It's time they bring in a couple of fresh loads. We also had broken glass in our spot from what appeared to have been a broken RV/vehicle window.
The WiFi was a pleasant surprise - we've been able to watch Netflix with no issues.
The laundry is small (4 washers and dryers in a building the size of a storage shed) and it's not climate controlled.
The park could be highlighting that there are AZ State Land Trust trails directly off their location for walking your dogs and biking. We only discovered these by accident.
Restaurants and grocery are less than 5 miles, there's also a really nice dog park in town not far from the State Park.
Overall - and compared to the alternative RV parks in town - it's still the best option.

Thumb malia on cherohala hwy
Malia's Miles

35 Winnebago Adventurer
2013 Honda Fit

Malia's Miles would stay here again

“Convenient to Sedona sightseeing”

Reviewed Sep 29, 2017

I heard the park looked old and worn, but I'm not a hoity-toity type person with high expectations of resort type accommodations anyway. I was looking for a relatively nice, safe place to park my home that was convenient enough for me to explore nearby attractions for a while and I found that here. I was there from June through September, 2016 and enjoyed my time with the Rio Verde as my backyard in what they call riverfront section. Although the river is not really visible from all the sites, there are nice little paths to get down there. And I liked looking onto a bluff in front rather than another RV. It's true that the front part looks a bit run down and the sites seem closer together there. I don't think I would have liked being in that part due to that and the closeness to the road. With as few RV parks as there are in this area, I wish they weren't removing some of those river sites in favor of park models or little cabins, though, but that seems to be the plan from what I've heard. Due to a great location and super friendly management, I'd stay here again, but not sure if my only option was that front section, though. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

about Rio Verde RV Park?

• cable tv
  • wifi: free
  • propane
  • rv storage

Turquoise triangle rv park
Turquoise Triangle RV Park
Cottonwood, Arizona
Giant gas station cottonwood az
Giant Gas Station
Verde Valley Fairgrounds
Cottonwood, Arizona
Camelot rv park cottonwood az
Camelot RV Park
Cottonwood, Arizona
Dead horse ranch state park
Dead Horse Ranch State Park
Thousand trails road
Thousand Trails Road
Cottonwood, Arizona
Verde valley rv camping resort
Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort