Question about Rio Grande Village Campground

Alicia

Alicia asked on 11/27/2021

I see a statement on the NPS website which says to read the site description before choosing your campsite in this campground due to low branches in some places. Can anyone tell me where there are any site-by-site descriptions with regards to clearance issues? I have looked at both NPS and Recreation.gov reservations sites and haven't found anything. There are photos of pad sites, but no height warnings.
Thanks in advance!!

Jim
Jim
Walkerville, MI
34' Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Answered on 12/18/2023:

The Rio Grande RV Village has many suitable big rig friendly sites. I would recommend not showing a site that has a covered picnic area as those take up much of the sites. I would not recommend Cottonwood for anything much other than smaller rigs and tents. Chios Basin is not recommended for anything longer than 27' in total length and I would agree. Very tight hairpin turns just to get there. When you look at the NP map it states this.
Doug
Doug
KY
30' Keystone Cougar 30RKD
Chevrolet Silverado

Answered on 12/3/2022:

Go to recreation.gov and click on the individual site number, then scroll down the page to the "Need to Know" section and it will be listed there if there are any restrictions.

Answered on 3/25/2022:

I have the same issue. No information on width or height clearance of each site. Only length. Pictures are also misleading. It’s my understanding that this campground is better suited for big rigs compared to cottonwood campground.