Rest N Nest Campground

Livingston, TX
40 Tiffin Phaeton
2014 Jeep Wrangler

Charlie & Jeanne would stay here again

“Nice park for a good price.”

Reviewed Aug 09, 2017

I would give them a 10 if they had 50A and pavement/concrete at all sites. Nice, easy access location, grass site was level, good spacing between sites. Doughboy pool was clean, as was the game room and shower/baths. Playground for kids, friendly staff. They also have a swimming pond on site. We camped at Rest N' Nest Campground in a Motorhome. It takes a little driving to check the area out, it's about 15 miles to the 89 interchange which is about the center of the universe for this area.

1 review not included in the overall rating
The reviews below are not up to Campendium's standards for quality and reliability and therefore are not counted toward the overall star rating. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
“Better places around.”

Reviewed Aug 25, 2018

I called in July to make a reservation for Aug, Aug came around I called to pay ahead. I was literally yelled at becaus owner said we pulled a no show in July for the same exact dates I SAID in Aug. She told me I was wrong, I should of cancled my reservation then but had to be there for set dates. So I paid BIG mistake. After talking with my husband on how I was treated we decided we didnt want to stay there so called to cancle. This was 3 WEEKS in advance the husband was pleasant said ok until the wife says give me the phone all nasty then where she yells at me again for the missed July and tell me I am not getting my money back. I can choose to cancle but there is no way I'm getting my money.Then she states I can cancle and call the day b4 reservation and if my site was booked then she would refund me. I have never been spoken to by anyone the way this woman spoke to me. Well seeing how it was $258 we couldn't just eat the money so we didnt cancle. I then got off the phone went into my emails a found my online request that proved in July I requested Aug and sent it to her no apology for being treated that way. I expected like any business owner while we wer therr a apology.. Nothing. Husband was very nice , she acted like nothing had happened. Anyways the camp was nice site was big campers super friendly. Disliked the men and womans bathroom and showers wer in the same location inside literally door to door with locks that could be opened by outside with finger. I would of never sent even a teen to go to bathroom or shower alone nor did I feel safe to without wondering if some weirdo would come in. But anyways my husband went to shower and none of them worked luckly we had the camper. We will be coming to this area for 10 more years for this same event the way I see it that's 258 × 10 that they lose...pulled out a day early went to The pastures so glad we did The owners and campers are awesome never been to such a friendly place and we came alot and try many. Plus they do pontoon boat rentals excited to do today. And its $100 less for the week. Lobster food truck accross the st ia a MUST TRY! The best.

about Rest N Nest Campground?

• swimming pool: onsite