Redd Hollow

Overview of Redd Hollow

Elevation 328 ft / 99 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Redd Hollow

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Redd Hollow

Reviews of Redd Hollow 2 people have reviewed this location.

“Fantastic Spot!”

Reviewed 8/6/2019

We were able to grab a spot on the peninsula overlooking the lake. It was a perfect place for our tent. It looked like most places had a table and fire ring. The ground was pretty rocky so bring a footprint for a tent, but otherwise what a wonderful place. The entire island is fantastic, with a planetarium and everything! I wish I could be a kid at summer camp here.

Thumb img 20171106 141748734
LMLong
Buffalo Gap, TX 16' Airstream Bambi Chevrolet Colorado
“Dry Camping at it's Best”

Reviewed 2/1/2019

I absoutely loved Land Between the Lakes. I arrived late in the afternoon and couldn't get into one of the FHU parks. But, did I ever luck out. I was sent down to Redd Hollow following a long road through beautiful woods. I wound up facing the lake with a picnic table and firering, all by myself. This was a small campground, everyone was spaced out and very nice. A little hooting n hollering from a guys early in the evening, but they settled down and were just having fun. This is a family paradise, I'd love to take my grandson back. They had Elk & BIson, s planetarium and observatory, nature stations, nature preserve and MILES of hiking trails. Looked like a great place to take horses. Off road vehicles were allowed in specified areas and it appeared everyone was respectful of that and stayed within bounds.

There were no hookups were I was, but there was a dump station and water on the main road. Pit toilets.
Visitors headquarters was great and lots of information about the area.
I will go back and spend more than a couple nights! You can easily spend a couple weeks here. Of course you are "Between" Kentucky Lake & Lake Barkley so there is fishing/boating and swimming. You could just 'feel' the history when hiking. This an area that was 'claimed' during the TVA development and as such the towns are gone, but the history and cemeteries are not. Go! I generally prefer to go West, but this is one place I'll return to.
Go prepared the closest cities are a bit of a drive, especially since there are over 170,000 acres to explore.
It took me a bit to figure out the 'lay' of the land and campsite, but it's worth the effort.

LMLong would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Redd Hollow!

Be the first to add a video for Redd Hollow!

Have you written a blog post about Redd Hollow?

Kenlake State Resort Park

Amazing views - but noisy

- RSmith

Aurora Oaks Campground

Great place to base from

- lukewertz