Redd Hollow

270-924-2000

Thumb img 20171106 141748734
LMLong
Buffalo Gap, TX 16' Airstream Bambi Chevrolet Colorado

LMLong would stay here again

“Dry Camping at it's Best”

Reviewed Feb 01, 2019

I absoutely loved Land Between the Lakes. I arrived late in the afternoon and couldn't get into one of the FHU parks. But, did I ever luck out. I was sent down to Redd Hollow following a long road through beautiful woods. I wound up facing the lake with a picnic table and firering, all by myself. This was a small campground, everyone was spaced out and very nice. A little hooting n hollering from a guys early in the evening, but they settled down and were just having fun. This is a family paradise, I'd love to take my grandson back. They had Elk & BIson, s planetarium and observatory, nature stations, nature preserve and MILES of hiking trails. Looked like a great place to take horses. Off road vehicles were allowed in specified areas and it appeared everyone was respectful of that and stayed within bounds.

There were no hookups were I was, but there was a dump station and water on the main road. Pit toilets.
Visitors headquarters was great and lots of information about the area.
I will go back and spend more than a couple nights! You can easily spend a couple weeks here. Of course you are "Between" Kentucky Lake & Lake Barkley so there is fishing/boating and swimming. You could just 'feel' the history when hiking. This an area that was 'claimed' during the TVA development and as such the towns are gone, but the history and cemeteries are not. Go! I generally prefer to go West, but this is one place I'll return to.
Go prepared the closest cities are a bit of a drive, especially since there are over 170,000 acres to explore.
It took me a bit to figure out the 'lay' of the land and campsite, but it's worth the effort.

about Redd Hollow?