Razor Hone

Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Mt. Baker Hwy. / NF-3070 (Razor Hone Rd.)
Glacier, WA 98244
425-783-6000

Pad Type: dirt
Open Seasonally: May-Sept.
Elevation: 2032 ft
Max Stay: 14

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Jimi_G

21 Winnebago Travato K

Jimi_G would stay here again

“Wide open enormous, flat gravel/dirt lot and it's empty”

Reviewed Aug 01, 2017

So I'm here on 8/1 and the whole lot was completely empty, no rigs except I'm not alone. There are a ton of flies and bees here so that meant a lot of indoor time during the day. There were no obstructions so I had plenty of sun for solar and satellite reception for Dish. The road in is paved so what more can you ask? My Verizon says no cell coverage by itself or 1x but I was able to eek out 2 bars with my weBoost. Not what I would call a pretty spot but hey it's free.

SubaruVagabond

Subaru Outback

SubaruVagabond would stay here again

“Nice spot for visiting the Mt Baker area”

Reviewed Sep 12, 2015

I would have given this 5 stars, but I wasn't a big fan of the gravel lot that will probably be the better option for many looking to camp here. That said, I continued on the gravel road running out of the back of the lot and found a wonderful spot that I really loved. If I wasn't trying to make certain future plans, I would have stayed longer--I was tempted to anyway!

About the road I followed and found a spot: when I visited it was closed at 2.2 miles, without a very accessible turning around. I was able to do it with some struggle in my rather small vehicle, taking advantage of the AWD to do so, but others may find it difficult and not want to continue so far down the path if it is closed as such in the future. That said, there were several spots in the first mile or so that could fit several sizes of vehicles, but many of them were taken by the time I got there Friday early evening. I ended up snagging a really small spot, which was wonderful, but would be difficult to fit anything larger than my station wagon size.

I actually got stuck in some mud at one point getting to the spot I did--enough that the AWD wasn't enough on its own and I had to get creative to get out. However, that was my fault, so I am keeping the 5 stars for access to this one--especially since the gravel lot right off of the paved main road should be easy for most.

I absolutely loved the location of it, being so close to Mt Baker. My specific spot was close to the river and a creek, so I heard the sounds of both, which was absolutely lovely, along with the mountains and trees surrounding. The whole area was also very clean. There looked to be some much higher quality sites than the one I got, but they might fill easily, based on my experience. And as for noise, the only noise I hear was the wonderful sounds of nature. I dropped it down to 4, though, because if you park in the lot, you'll hear road noise for sure.

I'm putting 1 bar of Verizon LTE, but I want to add that it is extremely spotty. Most of the area, I got nothing. The spot that I ended up in got 2 bars of LTE from Verizon--3 with the booster on. Even the 2 bars was slow and unreliable, but did become fast and consistently reliable with the booster. If you need it, I would not rely on it from this location, however, as overall, there was more of nothing than anything usable as I drove around (without the booster on for that, however).

I actually do really want to return and spend more time here at some point in the future. It is a wonderful spot, which I quickly fell in love with. I wouldn't return for the lot, personally, but the back road has some amazing spots.

about Razor Hone?