• Reviews

Reservations yes

Elevation 164 ft / 49 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about R & D Family Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about R & D Family Campground

Reviews of R & D Family Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 5/5/2015
Thumb profilepic
TumbleLees
Sebring, FL 40' Tiffin Phaeton QTH 2013 Cadillac SRX
“It's an older campground, but nice”

Reviewed 5/5/2015

This really isn't what we would consider a 4 star, but there were so many positives, we don't want to give it a 3 star! We stayed here to be near our daughter and her family. We visit at least four times a year for a month each time. The KOA Fredericksburg is only 10 minutes from her house, but the price was just way too high. So we had a 30 minute drive one way everyday. But it was a very pleasant, relaxing and scenic route, we ended up enjoying it and saved lots of $$!

The arrival was very positive. I love it when the owners are so hands on. So there was instant rapport and although rather small, he escorted us to our site and made sure we could get set up OK. Price includes water, sewer, Direct TV (we had a receiver), limited wifi. Electricity is extra. For one night, it's $3.00. For 30 days, we paid $75 deposit and used a meter.

The only tip to make it better is to have the county truck empty the dumpster after 8:00 am!

So here are all the positives: The staff is always available, they are constantly sprucing up the grounds, it is a quiet location for the most part (there are some logging trucks that seem to be noisy and zoom by), it is very serene, spacious campsites. The most important feature I look for, especially when we stay anywhere for more than 3 days is to be able to walk at least two miles around the campground, unless we are in the mountains or at the beach where we can get in lots more miles. It took some creativity but I managed to get in two miles hikes here in a very serene setting. A really nice feature was when it was cold and I used the restroom, it was heated!

The negatives: It is an old campground, I think about 50 - 60 years. BUT they do constantly update the grounds for a fresh clean look. The bathroom is clean but in order to shower, in the ladies room anyway, you have to hold a string to keep the water running. If you like retro, that's a good thing. Our unit has a bathroom, so we don't use it, but when I'm out walking, I have used the facility. There are some hunting dog homes around so every once in a while, you hear them barking. While walking, I did set off about 15 of them...I changed my route after that. The road noise isn't too bad, but the speed limit is 55 so you do hear a vehicle occasionally zooming by. The dumpster is emptied on Saturday mornings around 7:30 - 8:00 am. This campground has mainly "settlers" but for the most part, they are quiet and keep to themselves. We've only seen about 5 others like "us" but they've not stayed as long. They do sell firewood here, $3.99 and we've seen a few people with campfires going. They do have a volleyball net up, horseshoes and a swimming pool. The pool is above the ground and was just opened up. We didn't test the water.

TumbleLees would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for R & D Family Campground!

Be the first to add a video for R & D Family Campground!

Have you written a blog post about R & D Family Campground?

Connectivity

Leedstown Campground

Quiet and relaxing

- J

Fredericksburg-Washington DC KOA

Nice place- lots of trees

- KathyB