Port Huron KOA

5111 Lapeer Rd. Kimball, MI 48074 810-987-4070 Reservations: 800-562-0833 Official Website

• Reviews (2)

Elevation 656 ft / 199 m

Max Length 75 ft

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Port Huron KOA

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Port Huron KOA

Reviews of Port Huron KOA 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 9/6/2019
Thumb fb img 1566711066956
RNoyb
MI Nissan Versa
“Dirty loud”

Reviewed 9/6/2019

Paid extra to stay in the tent village and it was not worth it. Arrived to find cig butts, tent stakes and trash from previous camper. The ground was not level and the daytime screaming and parties continued till st least 1:30 a.m. the girls in the office were very nice.

“It was a nice change for us”

Reviewed 9/23/2016

I went to the Port Huron KOA with my husband and 5 of my children. They range in age from 6 months to 13 years. This is not the kind of place I normally take the kids because I am extremely cheap and my family is very noisy. I don’t like to be stressed out about them bothering the people around us.The sites here are very close together but I didn't have any problems. Everyone staying here seemed to be noisy too. The people here stayed up late and slept in. It was very busy and we took this trip in September. It was so popular that people were camped out on the sidewalk just to make reservations for the next year.

We stayed in a 2 ROOM CAMPING CABIN (W/O BATHROOM)
I couldn’t open the door when I got there. My husband thought it was ridiculous that I didn’t know how but I had never stayed in a cabin before. I had to go get help. There was a full size bed in one room and two sets of bunkbeds in the other. It was so nice to not sleep on the ground. The cabin had electricity and an air conditioner. We were in cabin 109. The cabin and campground were very clean. Too clean actually. There were no sticks for starting the fire. My friend made this reservation but was unable to go. We took her place so that it didn’t go to waste.

This KOA campground had some great features. For one, it was conveniently located. I liked that there was a grocery store and fast food nearby. The campground offered free wifi but was really slow and was only good for checking email. The community camping kitchen was a nice touch. It was next to a little playground and you could watch your children while you cooked. I have never seen anything quite like it before. Another great thing was that they deliver firewood to your cabin for you.

There were tons of free planned activities for the kids. We happened to be there on a weekend that was a pirate theme. My 10 year old daughter and 6 year old son loved the activities. They also had a lot of fun on the blow up pillow and the water wars (a slingshot for water balloons). The pool was closed because it was after labor day.

Overall, the prices for food and activities seemed reasonable.They didn’t charge outrageous prices for food and drinks like other places. There was a little place for quick deep fried food, a pizza place and a couple of places to get ice cream.They had coffee and cappuccino in the check in area but they didn’t open until 9am and that was a bummer.

Free things
Jumping pillow
Water wars
Planned activities
Horseshoes
Tetherball
Community kitchen

Additional costs
Train ride for $1 ( doesn’t run if raining or damp)
Go karts
Rent bikes
Rent golf carts
Putt Putt golf

Glad I had
Amazon underground downloaded movies for rain
Radio
Lawn chairs
Sheets & pillows
Frisbee and other lawn toys

Wish I had
Scooters and/or bikes
Cardboard to start fire

Make sure you check for specials! Right now there is a special for all of the weekends before Halloween. People decorate their camp site and they give you the Thursday night prior to to their Halloween weekends for FREE!

Port Huron KOA Resort
5111 Lapeer Rd, Kimball, MI 48074
Phone: (810) 987-4070
Open April 29 - October 23

thebrandybunch would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Port Huron KOA!

Be the first to add a video for Port Huron KOA!

Drivin' & Vibin'
AL 24' Airstream Argosy GMC Sierra
5 Epic KOA Campgrounds You'll Love - Drivin' & Vibin'

5 Epic KOA Campgrounds You’ll Love KOA campgrounds (aka Kampgrounds of America) are the most well known campgrounds in the USA. Their brand dates back to 1962; launched in Billings, MT near the Ye...

Port Huron KOA Resort 2016