Question about Plomosa Road Dispersed Camping

Donna asked on 4/21/2022

Do I need a permit for Plomosa Road Dispersed Camping? Thanks!

Ken
Ken
33' Keystone 292RKS
GMC 2500HD

Answered on 4/21/2022:

Plomosa Road is a free 14-day dispersed camping area. The south end wants you to register. I'm at the north end and have never seen a place to register.
DEaglesham
DEaglesham
Lethbridge, AB, Canada
30' Entegra Coach Vision

Answered on 4/21/2022:

In January 2022 we stayed in the dispersed camping area on Plomosa Road near Bouse, and did not require a permit. However we stayed at the Plomosa Road area near Quartzsite (just off Hwy 95) in March and we did require a permit.
Nozhol
Nozhol
St. George, UT
27' Eagle Cap 1165
Ford F350 Dually Powerstroke Diesel

Answered on 4/21/2022:

No. We just checked in with a Host located right off the main road. No fee. I assume they just want to know who is staying in the general area and for how long.
Jim
Jim
Moberly, MO
38' Alliance Paradigm 340RL
Chevrolet 3500 HD High Country

Answered on 4/21/2022:

I have camped several times on Plomosa Road Dispersed and have never needed a permit.
SBauer
SBauer
Livingston, TX
30' Coachmen Leprechaun 270QB

Answered on 4/21/2022:

If you purchase a permit that allows dumping water and trash at la posa south you won’t be bothered at Plomosa Rd. If you do not then you are supposed to stop at the entrance and fill out a permit every 14 days. You are supposed to move to another location every 14 days, but obtaining a permit at say scaddan wash can be used at Plomosa and the next permit can be obtained at Plomosa for the next 14 days. The only place that is picky is high jolly. Otherwise you can mix it up and stay anywhere with any of the permits.