Pitchford's by the Sea RV Park

Jensen Beach, FL 34957
772-334-7221

Weekly Rate: Yes
Monthly Rate: Yes
Pad Type: grass with concrete patio

AT&T 4G
Thumb profile pic001
AG47Classic
Mount Pleasant, SC
30 Airstream Classic
“It may not be pretty, but it is IN Jensen Beach. The Owners are great people!”

Reviewed Jul 11, 2016

We have stayed here twice now (Week each time). This used to be a fishing camp YEARS ago. Without getting into the story I guess what you will want to know is the following. The rate is unbeatable for the location. Granted I am new to this (2008), but even staying in Boyd's in Key West you have to rent a scooter to get to the closest place to eat. Here you would be foolish to move your vehicle to go to the closest place because it takes less time to walk than to park. Then there is the "Hoffman" which is actually across the street. We never went in the Hoffman, but our second stay we watched a steady stream filter in and out. Next trip we will have to make it a point.

Here is the deal. We love this place. Location is great. The owners are great. The people in the park are great. The price is great. You don't want to drive to get something to eat, you can walk to high end "Tony Roma" or you can go to the "Hoffman", and Conchy Joe's is for everyone. Honestly it looked like everyone was going in the Hoffman. Respect "Hoffman". What will turn most of you off is the condition of every free standing building on this property. If you have served in the military you might be able to relate. I had the pleasure of sleeping in several "decommissioned" buildings in my time. Think about Buildings that have been around since the 50's without the luxury or privates rotating through to keep them in good shape.

That being said. My bride showered in our Airstream because the bathroom is not pleasant. It is old, and everything building needs to be replaced. The Men's showers drained though, and I don't mind ugly if I don't have to touch ugly. Besides; Airstream doesn't think about 6'-2" manly men when they made their shower stall. I have to step out to turnaround.

In closing I would have to say if you can get past Your first impression. Then you will be glad that you gave the place a chance. We actually checked out a couple of the other private places, and we didn't even turn in...

P.S. I would be remiss if I did not mention the train that comes through. You would think it is a big deal, but it isn't. After you know it is going to run at night we sleep through it. If you are in the bathroom on the other hand. Well, This is a family site. It frightened me greatly. My understanding is that train will be with you where ever you go unless you go to the state park.

AT&T 4G

about Pitchford's by the Sea RV Park?

• cable tv