Pipi Campground

Eldorado National Forest

2 Reviews
10 B 83 L Somerset, CA 95684 209-295-4251 530-622-5061 Reservations: 877-444-6777 Official Website

• Reviews

Elevation 3,904 ft / 1,189 m

Max Length 35 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Pipi Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Pipi Campground

Reviews of Pipi Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Thumb my teardrop
KI6AYG
16' NuCamp T@B 320 Boondocking 2014 Subaru Forester
“Great relaxing spot with many swimming holes and abundance of trout ”

Reviewed 7/16/2018

My wife and I arrive to this camp late Friday night with intent to just spend a night and then continue exploring Eastern Sierras next day. Our plans changed upon the sunrise, although this was the weekend after 4th of July camp was moderately full and due to its unique design, it never felt crowded. We had a plenty of separation space between us and the neighbors. we stayed at this camp entire weekend relaxing along the river, swimming in numerous swim holes and fishing in the evening. There are several sites that are near the river, but they tend to get a lot of foot tragic from other camper walking along the footpath or accessing the river. almost all campsites have plenty of shade among the mature conifer trees. During the entire weekend we were there, power generator that supply the power for the water pump was out due to mechanical issues, but Camp host ensure plenty ow bottle water that they distributed to all the campers so that nobody had to leave. I was very impressed how well they addressed this crisis.
This camp is a gem in Sierras Foothills and relatively close to Stockton. Road to camp is twisty but it is manageable even for larger trailers, Grounds are well maintained and camp is beautiful and clean, hosts were friendly and helpful. Also, this camp has double and triple sites that are adjoined to each other allowing for large parties and families to have combined spaces. There is a fire pit a grill and bench at each site, no bear storage containers but according to hosts they don’t have any problems with wild life at this camp.

AT&T
Verizon

Thumb us avatar
Van-Tramp
Longmont, CO 27' Airstream International
“Typical camping in the Sierras... perfect!”

Reviewed 2/21/2015

Pipi has more meaning to me than most. It is the location my family went camping when I was a child. I recall playing in the Middle Fork River with my siblings and exploring the thick forest surrounding the campground. It will always have a special place in my memory.

The campground itself is not far of Hwy 88, though down a pretty tight section of forest roads. Don't let that scare you away though as the scenery is superb. The forest and river are straight out of a Disney movie.

I hope you want to disconnect, as you have no hope of a cell signal here.

Van-Tramp would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Pipi Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Pipi Campground!

Thumb us avatar
Van-Tramp
Longmont, CO 27' Airstream International
Pipi Valley Campground, CA | Van-Tramp.com

Pipi Valley Campground is a campground I went to as a child of 8 or 9 years old with multiple other families close to ours. I have fond memories of this camping trip; swimming in the stream, catchin...

• firewood