Pine Near RV Park

Seattle, WA
30 Airstream 30FB Bunk
2015 GMC Denali HD

Big Big Trippers would stay here again

“Pleasant, Convenient, Friendly, and Clean”

Reviewed Nov 10, 2015

Stayed at Pine Near in early November during a fall Steelhead Fly Fishing trip to the Methow River, so I didn't spend a lot of time in the park during the day. I wanted full hook-ups because temps were going to drop below freezing and Pine Near hit the spot!

Owners are very friendly and walked around the park with me while I picked the spot I wanted (a lot of empty spaces in November!). After 10-mins of discussion, she helped me back in to the spot I decided on and swung by again later on to see if I needed anything.

Great location in "downtown" Winthrop. It's off the main street, but an easy 5-min walk to the main street. Several good options for food and beverages in town and the local brewery made that walkable distance a key attribute!

Very clean restrooms and laundry facilities. Strong WiFi and AT&T (even inside my Airstream without a booster for either).

The Methow Valley is one of my favorite places in world and Pine Near is a excellent base camp for exploring.

AT&T 4G

asolojourner

27 Airstream International CCD Signature Series
2010 Chevrolet Silverado

asolojourner would stay here again

“Unexpectedly pleasant, very friendly RV park”

Reviewed Aug 31, 2014

I'm usually not a fan of RV parks; I'd much rather stay in a State or National park or public lands. But I ended up here the first time mostly due to lack of planning. What luck! It was a super pleasant stay, with an extremely friendly and helpful staff (family)?

It's a short walk through a charming museum town and down a boardwalk to the Gold Rush style town that borders on feeling like a totally manufactured ghost town, but is actually a thriving little touristy area with restaurants and shops, in original old building, and historical markers scattered throughout.

The park itself is one big (constantly watered) grassy area, with sites and small shade trees arranged throughout with not much more than the electric posts and large boulders to protect the sewer connections to mark the sites. Though there isn't much privacy, it does feel laid back enough when it isn't busy. The first time I stayed here, it was quite nice. I also stayed here during Labor Day weekend, and it did feel a bit packed in when it was full. It's set a few roads back from the main road, so very little traffic noise.

Nice, tiled (paid) showers (I didn't use). Good laundry facilities (I did use). EXCELLENT Wi-Fi. Some of the most consistent/fastest I've experienced, and no annoying third-party login required.

The Methow Valley is a lovely area to explore, and this park is in a great location to do it from. I checked out the nearby state park, and would still choose to stay here again.

Thumb untitled 2
stillhowlyntravels: Over the North Cascades Scenic Byway to Winthrop, WA~~

But first a fast-forward: Just in case you didn't get the memo, we are HERE!  It is beautiful and free for the month of September...after Labor Day, that is.  I'll dazzle you with beautiful pics a...

Thumb p1050855
Life's Little Adventures: Winthrop, WA, Pine Near RV Park

Three nights without a ray of sun on our solar panels was our limit, so on Sunday we left North Cascades National Park and headed east 70 miles to Winthrop. A friend told us about a Passport America...

• wifi: free