Phantom Canyon Road

BLM

Phantom Canyon Rd (CR-67)
Penrose, CO 81240
719-269-8500

Pad Type: dirt
Open Seasonally: Yes

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

T-Mobile 3G
Thumb eaaadbff c9ae 49a8 adaa 6ccb54191677
Bolzette
Lawrence, KS
16 Jayco Swift
2017 4 Runner Toyota
“Beautiful View but permanent residents with 5 dogs living there”

Reviewed Apr 19, 2018

My daughter, our 26lb Schuazer and I came in late after driving from Kansas and tucked in for the night. Upon our arrival we saw two trucks and an older travel trailer. The next morning we found the neighbors had 5 little dogs and 1 large one. They came from Florida and live there. Never saw the husband but the wife was very friendly. The creek was close and and the views beautiful. It was quiet and relaxing so we had coffee and breakfast from our jet boil and left. Off to hike Salida area. I would camp here again and will post the pics of the camp. There was trash around. Really wish people would haul out what the haul in. It was rough road with big holes and the road heading up had a lot of washboards. Dirt road but doable some place it was for one car only so be careful. I wouldn’t bring in a large rig over 25’ for sure. I would also unhook and look for a site first. We had cell service where we camped. Someone made a rock fire pit but we didn’t make a fire. There was access to the creek.

HighMesa1.Outdoors would stay here again

“The kids and I had a lot of fun and plan on going back”

Reviewed Oct 12, 2017

We had a lot of fun over the weekend. Not a lot of vehicle traffic. We found a relatively secluded site near the creek with plenty of dead dry wood for the campfire. The rock pit was already there,so that saved a lot of effort. The pictures I got during the night were very interesting and strange which added to the fun. We hated having to leave but we're definitely going to be going back. Unfortunately there is no reliable cell service in most of the canyon.

T-Mobile 3G

about Phantom Canyon Road?

Indian Springs Ranch and Campground
Penrose commons
Penrose Commons
Oil well flat
Oil Well Flat
Canon City RV Campground
Canon City, Colorado
Conoco gas station canon city co
Conoco Gas Station
Dakota hot springs
Dakota Hot Springs
Penrose, Colorado
Shell gas station canon city co
Shell Gas Station