Pettibone Park Resort

27 Northwood Snow River
2013 Toyota Tundra
“Not Our Favorite”

Reviewed Oct 10, 2017

We arrived on a damp evening, Oct 1st, and the young man in the office, Nick, was nice but not very on top of things. He told us that they had just cleared out today due to their Oktoberfest celebration so we wouldn't have a problem finding a spot. He told us 115, as we wanted to wake up to the Mississippi in our back yard. Well we arrived at 115 and the person from the night before was still there. So I guess they are pretty on top of things. He told us then to just go to 125. We arrive to that spot only to see the raise in the front of the pad was to accommodate at fifth wheel. These spots are extremely narrow and hard to navigate as there is no lighting around. Thankfully a perm came to help us and we all agreed this would not be good for our travel trailer. On the phone we go again to Nick. He finally says just take the next open spot we find. We finally found one, at the very back of the narrow roadway park, where there is no available turn around, BTW so we had to find something and make it work. Water and electric for $44 was a little steep and the fact that the park was so tight to navigate. The electric was on the opposite side of what it should have been and up about 10 feet or more in the air, so we could not even fully connect. No noise back in the back so that was nice. As for leaving the next day, we were trying to pass thru the narrow one lane gravel roads and trying to miss a big pick-up truck that was parked in the grass just next to the road, we scraped a 3' strip of our roof to the wood on a tree, we were trying to avoid. There are too many vehicles parked wherever, and it seemed like NONE of the staff gave a damn. When my partner was at the dump station I went into the office/bar to ask for a maintenance spot to take our trailer to look at the roof. I explained what happened, and never said anything about this being the parks fault. He quickly jumped to say "well, that isn't our fault you hit the tree. You can't say that was the park." I reiterated I was not blaming him but realized his tone was not very becoming and said again I just need to know if there is a shop near as I now have a nice hole in my roof as we were dodging multiple things in our path to exit. This man recommended the Pettibone shop up the road, he said the guy that owns the park works there. We went he was wonderful and extremely helpful. Apologized and got us on our way quickly.

The shop was very kind and helpful. As for the park, it is too tight of a space for large trailers or anything that I think you care about for that matter. Most of the trailers there are perms and don't look like the best quality. We would recommend looking elsewhere in the area.

about Pettibone Park Resort?

• rv storage
Discount Clubs:
  • Good Sam

Bluebird Springs Campground
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Goose island campground stoddard wi
Goose Island Campground
Veterans Memorial Park & Campground
West Salem, Wisconsin
Waters Edge Motel
Stoddard, Wisconsin
Great river bluffs state park
Great River Bluffs State Park