Peacock Meadows Riverside RV Park

Thumb colorado state line
romabout
CO
Airstream International Signature 27FB

romabout would stay here again

“Nice campground and staff”

Reviewed Oct 16, 2017

This was our first trip to the South Fork area, and we would stay here again. The staff were very friendly and very dog friendly. They paid as much or more attention to my dog than me - which was just fine with me! It was not full and they put us right next to another camper, which I did not understand. The bathrooms and community room are very, very nice. The nicest bathrooms I've seen. The campground is open year round and it is at 8000 feet, so the entire campground is essentially gravel. Our dog would have liked more grass as he's 12 and seems to have developed tender feet! The WIFI worked well during our entire stay. This campground is close to the highway but we didn't hear much traffic noise at all. Very convenient for the Silver Thread Scenic Byway and the Rio Grande river.

AT&T 4G

ketah777 would stay here again

“Nice park except for the kid tax”

Reviewed Oct 14, 2017

This is probably one of the nicest parks in the South Fork area. The sites are generously sized so you don't feel crowded by a neighbor. We usually don't use the restrooms, but our kids used the showers and I have to say they have the nicest private bathrooms/showers I have ever seen at a campground. They were immaculate! And the common area/kitchen room where they have get together's and pot-lucks is beautiful! You can really tell that the campground management puts a lot of effort into making this place beautiful. The fishing pond and Rio Grande river behind the campground was beautiful with all the trees in bright fall colors reflecting in the water. The camp hosts were so friendly and nice and it was a pleasant check-in. Verizon worked well there, and also the park WiFi was the best campground WiFi we have ever experienced. It worked better than our Verizon MiFi! I only have 2 issues with the campground which is why I won't give them 5 stars. First, they charge extra for kids. I can understand a park charging extra for kids when they have a lot of amenities for kids, but this park does not have anything extra for kids except for a tiny playground that was too small for our kids. Our community of fulltime traveling families call this a "kid tax" and we usually avoid parks that charge it. The second thing is the park was mostly empty when we were there, but they parked other campers on both sides of us a couple of times during the week. I don't understand the logic of cramming people right next to each other when there are so many empty sites available to spread people out a little more.

about Peacock Meadows Riverside RV Park?

• wifi: free