Paonia State Park

Elevation 6,463 ft / 1,969 m

Max Length 40 ft

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Paonia State Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Paonia State Park

Reviews of Paonia State Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

“Spruce Campsite - Tight quarters but well maintained”

Reviewed 9/1/2020

Mid-August 2020 one night stay. I did not plan on staying here but needed a place to sleep during a cross country drive. When I arrived I noticed clear signage that a reservation is required either over the phone or through the state's website. The site has no Verizon phone or data coverage along with a 10-mile radius or so around the site. I had to drive 10 miles down the road and pull over when I finally had enough cell service to call. This was frustrating and caused me to arrive at the campsite in the dark, but at the end of the day, I didn't prepare or do any research on the site beforehand.

I stayed at the Spruce campsite which is right up against a nice creak (Super cold, but refreshing). The campsite was level and had a picnic bench. A well-maintained vault toilet and trash were nearby. The sites are very accessible and close to the road, so I did hear the occasional truck or vehicle, but not at an unbearable frequency. Additionally, my site was right up against another used site which left very little privacy. Others had walls of trees or more space, so be sure to look at the map and request the right one.

Verizon

samwaldo1 would stay here again

Tina
North Las Vegas, NV
24' Heartland Caliber
Nissan NV 3500
“Really like it, but ugh!”

Reviewed 6/4/2020

The campground is small and has a lake. Our campsite was right on the edge of the lake. Nice and peaceful; except for people wishing to enter the lake walking through the campsite. It is a large campsite!
The ugh part:
The ground is gravelly and soft. Do not take a heavier trailer into that site! Our trailer is 28’ from tongue to bumper and we drive a Nissan NV. It took us 2.5 to 3 hours to get out of the site because of slipping in the gravel and trying to climb the hill to the main path/road out. There are also wood beams that line both sides of the camper path. Those were very difficult to work our way around because our trailer slid after safely unhooking it from the vehicle.

All the other sites are well laid out and on flatter surfaces. No hills to climb up when getting out of the site.
This campground is located in a narrow canyon with a highway on one side, so there is traffic noise.

AT&T

Tina would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Paonia State Park!

Be the first to add a video for Paonia State Park!

Have you written a blog post about Paonia State Park?

Bogan Flats Campground

Nice CG on the Crystal River

- Happy Troutbum

McClure Campground

Free!

- Nikki

Marble RV Park & Campground

Comfortable stay in the middle of Marble

- Fables and Trails