Palo Duro Rim RV Campground

AZ
31 Crossroads Longhorn Texas Edition
2016 Chevy 2500

Free Rein Project would stay here again

“Great Verizon and not crowded! ”

Reviewed Jun 29, 2018

Palo Duro State Park was full so we weren't able to get a spot.
We went to this place, it didn't look great at first. The front office was under construction, looks like it will be pretty nice once finished. I walked in and I wasn't sure if it was the office for the zip line or for the RV park, it turns out is all the same. I paid $58 for 2 nights.
The state park did not offer sewer hook ups, but this park did. And everybody in the state park says the phone signal is non existent (we confirmed that when we went down into the canyon, zero service), we had good service here.
I was surprised that there were less than 10 rigs in here, so our closest neighbor was 4 spots away, about 60 ft.
There are some junk cars on the front, that don't look great. But I got over it when I had a such a great Verizon signal that I was able to stream the world cup on my phone (Argentine fan here!!) The antenna also captured a few channels. And some good FM stations as well.
The park entrance is only 300 yards away, its a little cooler than inside the state park since we had a good breeze.
Both nights some deer came close by to eat.
Overall, very happy with this park.
The sites are not level, I had to install 3 leveling blocks on the passenger side (Lynx leveler blocks). But the hooks up worked well and had no other issues.

Thumb tomp
Tomp
Maple Plain, MN
28 Airstream International CCD
2005 2005 Chev. Duramax Silverado P/U

Tomp would stay here again

“Very convenient to the canyon, sloppy housekeeping, no maintenance, great view from top of canyon, a perfect spot to stay if you can live with the worse.”

Reviewed Apr 03, 2016

A great location in a convenient spot just outside the entrance to Palo Duro SP. This c/g could be a gold mine as PD is Texas's most popular park for RVers. So, what do you get for $25: a grass site that may or may not be level, tight if they are crowded. But, don't worry as almost 1/3 to 1/2 the sites don't have working power. A few picnic tables, but badly in need of repair, no fire rings so no smoking campfires. I didn't look at showers or bathrooms, but suspect the same - uninterest on the part of the owner. 50 Am service gets you shrugged shoulders, "the last storm screwed it up!"

Inspite of this glowing review I'd stay here again because of the views and spacing between sites because of the poor maintenance. Oh yes, bring a dog (the bigger the better) and let it roam like the owner does with his mastif. They're good for the grass!

They run a "ZIP LINE" service from the otherside of the c/g and run steady traffic of trailers full of people in wagons behind jeeps. They have a cable ride across one of the canyon's valleys. There's some controversey there too.

about Palo Duro Rim RV Campground?

• wifi: free

Palo duro canyon state park
Palo Duro Canyon State Park