Question about Owens River Road Dispersed Camping

Thumb 16123363 250419635395591 9002366411510644736 n

HitchTheCasita asked on 7/3/2020

Are there any sites on the river or is there dispersed camping closer to the Owens River?

Thumb facebook avatar
RoadPickle.com
Menifee, CA 28' ATC Toy Hauler 2017 Chevrolet 2500 HD

Answered on 7/3/2020:

You cannot camp on the riverbank. All land alongside Owens River is owned by the City of Los Angeles. If you can stay 100 feet away from the riverbank, you'll be on National Forest land, and you'll be fine.

Answered on 7/3/2020:

I actually didn't drive to the river. I stayed by the highway. But on satellite view it looks like there are camping spots by the river. I can see RV's parked next to it.
RogerBrooks
Sun City, AZ 32' Outdoors RV 250RDS Anniversary Edition Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn

Answered on 7/3/2020:

We never saw the river at all. It's on the east side of Highway 395, so even though it's "Owen's Creek" we never saw or found the creek or any water. There are probably 100 miles of roads here though, and we only went on a fraction of them.
We need your help!
We depend on the support of the community for maintenance and development of the Campendium website. If everyone who visits Campendium today gave $1.50 we would hit our goal. Learn more about the 2020 Campendium Fundraiser all the ways you can support us: Subscribe Donate Purchase