• Reviews (2)

Overview of Outlaw Cave Campground

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Open Seasonally mid-April - mid-Dec.

Elevation 6,036 ft / 1,839 m

Max Stay 14

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Outlaw Cave Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Outlaw Cave Campground

Reviews of Outlaw Cave Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 10/1/2020
Thumb 20200915 102900
bcebz
Chicago, IL Mazda 3 Hatchback
“Awesome Spot”

Reviewed 10/1/2020

Site Number: ?

This is an awesome spot!! Unfortunately it was smokey so I didn't get to see the night sky, but was really great regardless.

Warning****** while the GPS coordinates are correct, Google Maps will likely take you down the wrong road. The first dirt road it told me go down was a very narrow gate, which didn't seem right to me. About 5 min down this road are signs everywhere that say "Private land no trespassing, no entry to outlaw"
I turned around and it took me to another dirt road and also had signs posted all over saying "not the road to outlaw"
*** To get to the site stay on paved road (190) until itself becomes a dirt road and comes to a Y in the road. You will clearly see the big signs that say BLM management land and a big sign for Outlaw Campground. Stick to the left and follow the BLM land signs. Once on this road you will stick to the right following signs for Outlaw the entire way.

I wish the sky was clear, but it was still great. The site is on top of Outlaw canyon and has incredible views. Right at the entrance of the campsite is the trail down to the river cutting through the canyon. Took about 20 minutes to get down and was incredible views.

Lastly, there is no cell for about 35-40 minutes while on 190, but as 2 minutes from Outlaw you will get 4G. In the morning I walked from my site to the north edge looking over the canyon and had 4 bars 4G and did a Zoom call on my phone with 0 issues.

bcebz would stay here again

“Stunning”

Reviewed 12/8/2018

We did not camp here - definitely couldn’t get down the road with the airstream - some parts were very deep sand and too narrow with brush. However we did drive back here with the truck and hike into the canyon to the river. It’s absolutely stunning and something I would have never expected hiding back here. Great place for a few days in a truck camper / van on the edge of the cliff. I don’t remember internet because we were just hiking but overall it’s spotty in the area and a slow drive back here but a very cool place to hide out. We did see a couple other campers, likely hunters because it was November

Be the first to add a note for Outlaw Cave Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Outlaw Cave Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Outlaw Cave Campground?