Question about Orlando RV Resort - Thousand Trails

Tiana

Tiana asked on 10/3/2022

My husband works via TEAMS for work, but the reviews state the cell towers are congested and service is horrible. How fast is the park internet, or do you think he could use AT&T or Verizon?

Jason & Barb
Jason & Barb
WI
39' Newmar Kountry Star 3916

Answered on 10/4/2022:

In most cases around Orlando, it will depend on the time of day and year. If it is a busy winter or holiday time then all the "kids" will be on the tower when visiting grandma and grandpa. Between Mid-December and January 1 it is horrible. After 3:00PM local daily usually also is a problem. When staying in the area for 3 months I get a cable modem from Spectrum. (Not at this park though.)

Answered on 12/6/2022:

I work from home and use TEAMS and have had no issues at all with the internet. We have nomad and I have a verizon mifi. Both seem fine.
JW
JW
Box Elder, SD
43' Forest River Sandpiper 372LOK
Ram 2500

Answered on 10/3/2022:

I’ve had no luck consistently getting good wifi or cell internet at Orlando RV during the busy season.

Answered on 10/3/2022:

During the day I was able to stream most times. But, and no one talks about this, I have good equipment. I have category 18 ad 20 modems, antennas on the roof and a good router. It also matters what part of the cg you are in. These things make a big difference as well as what specific cell plan you have not generically ATT or Verizon. The exact plan matters. Reality there is no simple answer there in the heat of peak season it is problematic.
Lori
Lori
Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB

Answered on 10/3/2022:

I haven't been there since last April, but we could only make phone calls on ATT and Verizon. The wifi was slow like every other campground wifi. We got Starlink since then and would love to know if that works.