Odetah Campground

860-889-4144

Retro Ramblers
CT
19 Whitewater Retro 177se

Retro Ramblers would stay here again

“Beautiful resort with lots of amenities”

Reviewed Oct 26, 2017

We stayed here in mid-October and really enjoyed the resort. We found the entire staff to be friendly and helpful. The resort was very well maintained and the campsites are a decent size, with most of them in partial shade from all the trees on the property. There was a nice mix of seasonal to short-term campsites. The pool and hot tub were clean and the new splash pad for the kids looked like a lot of fun. The free wi-fi worked great, and we were able to stream video no problem. This may be the result of our campsite being near the main office. I'm not sure how well it worked further out into the campgrounds. The bathhouse was reasonably clean, but most of the doors on the toilet stalls did not lock. Also, the changing area of the showers could use additional hooks for hanging towels and clothes.

The campground issues plastic bracelets when you check in and requires you to wear them throughout the stay. The bracelets open the front gate and are used to charge purchases at the campground. I overheard some people complaining about the bracelets, but I did not have an issue with wearing one. I just made it loose enough so I could slide it off when I was at my campsite, and then slide it back on when I was walking around the campground.

Odetah is fairly large and so the sites vary quite a bit. Some are located close to a main highway, so there is traffic noise in that part of the campground. Other sites are more remote, but are uphill, or a 10 minute walk to the pool or the beach. The next time we stay here, I think I will make my reservations over the phone, so I can describe the type of site I prefer, rather than trying to guess what the sites are like by looking at the online map. The trolley that traveled around the campground was a convenient way to get from the beach or pool to the most distant campsites.

We will definitely return to Odetah in the future.

about Odetah Campground?