Ochoco Lake County Park

Open Seasonally April-Oct.

Elevation 3146 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Ochoco Lake County Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Ochoco Lake County Park

Reviews of Ochoco Lake County Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 6/28/2016
Last reported 8/25/2017
“Unexpected stop with lake views”

Reviewed 8/25/2017

Stayed 1 night 23 August 2017

Post eclipse, I was heading west and got a flat on my TV enroute to Bend. I just happened to pull into the boat ramp area adjacent to this county campground to assess the situation. After changing the flat, I was tired, filthy, and it was getting dark. I walked up to the campground to check availability and lucky me...they had spots available. The camp hosts, a retired couple, were extremely kind and helpful (but I am the worst with names...I am sorry!) But here's what you're interested in:

Reservations: Not accepted. First come first serve. You can stay up to 14 days, leave for 3, and return.

No dump.
No water point for filling RV tanks, but spigots for jugs etc.
Bathrooms: VERY clean and well lit.
Showers: GREAT water pressure and HOT water! Again, extremely clean. Even though I have a shower in my trailer, taking a nice, full force, hot shower post tire changing and general eclipse dust felt amazing.

Site 13 was absolutely level and long enough for my trailer and truck to park still hitched (about 43 ft). Some sites are paved, others hard gravel/decomposing hardtop. Each has its own fire pit with grill top as well as ample room for a tent etc. The sites all seemed to be somewhat shaded at a minimum, and the sites along the back edge of the campground had great water views, even with the smoke in the air at the moment.
Rate: $16, $7 a day for additional vehicles. $5 per shower if you aren't camping there.
Firewood for sale on premises.
Check out time is 1pm.
Access: there is ready access for wheelchairs etc.
There is a day use area just outside the campground with a boat launch, bathroom, and fish cleaning station.

Safety/noise: Even full of eclipse goers and partiers of all ages, the campground was surprisingly quiet. The camp hosts were on constant patrol to ensure that the showers weren't overrun by folks who weren't actually camping there/paying to shower. Just imagine a post burning man exodus of dirty folks...that's what they were up against. A sherrif patrols the area outside the campground near the boat ramp regularly.

Cell service: Full bars LTE with AT&T (shocking)
Only about 10 minutes east of Prineville, a full service town.
Was able to get my tire fixed at Les Schwab in town, get some gas, go to starbucks to use the internet and drink some coffee, and then hitch up, and be on my way!

Didn't plan on staying here, but glad that I did and will definitely stop in should I pass this way again...which is saying a lot as I usually avoid campgrounds at all cost.

lettersofpromise would stay here again

Thumb 20150717 174836
KandK
CA
“Beautiful little lake”

Reviewed 6/28/2016

This is a small County run campground on the shores of Ochoco Reservoir just east of Prineville, Oregon. There are no hookups but there are nice showers. Most of the sites are a tight fit and there are only a handful of them that we could get our 30 foot rig in to. We won't be here long enough to kayak or fish but we hear the fishing is good. We will be back!

KandK would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Ochoco Lake County Park!

Be the first to add a video for Ochoco Lake County Park!

Have you written a blog post about Ochoco Lake County Park?

• boat ramp