Question about Oak Mountain State Park

camper-696903 asked on 6/8/2022

How is the road to the park?

Answered on 10/9/2022:

Roads are well maintained. 5.2 miles from front gate.
bbvanlife
bbvanlife
West Des Moines, IA
Mercedes-Benz Metris

Answered on 6/8/2022:

As I recall, it is about a five mile drive from the entrance to the campground but when we were there (three years ago?), it was paved and I don’t recall that there was anything wrong with it
Livin-the-Canadian-dream
Livin-the-Canadian-dream
Mississauga, ON, Canada
35' Keystone Montana
Chevrolet 3500

Answered on 6/8/2022:

We used the main entrance as the back entrance was closed when we were arriving. The road itself is windy, but even with our 35' 5th wheel, there were no issues. Very nice State Park with a gem of a golf course!

Answered on 6/8/2022:

Exit 246 off i-65 southbound to Cahaba Valley Rd, AL-119 N to the Back Gate Entrance. This is closer to the campground. The entrance road off Alabama 119 is very windy and narrow. This worked for me since I had only a 23-ft travel trailer but big rigs long wheel base or wide load better take the front gate entrance. The front gate entrance is also off of Alabama 119 S. What you want is Oak Mountain trail road which is on the left side of the road if you get off on exit 246 but if you're coming northbound i-65 I believe it's exit 119, you take a left and immediately get in the left lane about 300 ft you have to turn left again to Oak Mountain Park road. Almost right across from the cracker barrel. It's about 5 mi drive from the front gate entrance to the campground entrance but the road is very good. It's windy but plenty wide enough has bike lanes on either side watch out for bikers.
Choosing.Now.Over.Never
Choosing.Now.Over.Never
MO
40' Highland Ridge 328bhs
Ram 2500

Answered on 6/8/2022:

It was fine. I’m not sure what your set up is. But we had an expedition and a 30 foot travel Trailer. No issues getting into the park. Navigation through the campground to the site was a little more tight. But still no real problems.