Northshore RV Resort on Lake Livingston

Max Length: 75 ft

Thumb dons rv rig
donhillphoto
Houston, TX
29 2014 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 261BHXL 2015 RAM 1500 4×4 Lone Star 5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Crew Cab

donhillphoto would stay here again

“Nice location, nice venue, but not flawless”

Reviewed Aug 11, 2015

Unfortunately, we went during the middle of a massive high pressure dome hovering over Texas resulting in 3 digit temperatures hovering with the highs in the low 100°f range with clear skies and no shade relief whatsoever. Despite being located in the middle of the beautiful piney woods of East Texas, the resort itself didn’t have any shade trees to help cover the RVs.

My kiddos and wife enjoying the resort's pool.Having said that, it’s a good thing we went to the lake. This resort not only has a sandy beach with nice sandy bottom, it also features a kid’s splash pad and a nice swimming pool. It was quite utilized too. The girls enjoyed it thoroughly and it was enough to wipe them out for hearty naps and they slept hard through the night.

They had a game room, but we didn’t go in. they also had washer/driers, a little convenient store, and showers on premises.

RV Pads
Northshore Resort’s RV sites included free wi-fi, cable TV, 30/50 amp service, water and sewer at all site pads. Cable TV had about 20 channels. The wi-fi was spotty at best and it was easier to rely on my cellphone for connectivity. Streaming is not good so wi-fi should only be used for intermittent internet surfing. With our Good Sam Club membership discount, it came to $80 for the two nights, a savings of $8 per night.

Our particular spot (#210) was a bit awkward as the hook ups in this pull-through spot was exactly in the middle of the drive. Thus, I had to park my travel trailer close up towards the front so my sewer hose could reach the the sewer drain. That was okay, because I just parked my truck behind the RV.

The Repair
Just about the only thing I wasn’t thrilled about was the slope of the spaces. While not horrible, it was enough to where just about every rig I saw had to level their RVs substantially to even out. Due to my relative inexperience at leveling, I managed to put too much weight on the rear stabilizers and they buckled under the weight.

I was able to fix it by purchasing a ratchet harness, connecting one end to my truck’s tow hooks, and pulling it straight the next day. Otherwise, we’d have been stuck until we could find someone to come out and fix it. Now, I’ll have to replace it at about $500 plus $100 labor. That is going to be an expensive lesson. I chalk it up to my inexperience with RVs and I can’t imagine trying to level out a motor home. While it’d have been nice to have more level pull through spots, I don’t blame the owners as this park is situated on rolling hills that slope down to the lake – a natural feature.

Cabins
For those who don’t have an RV but would like a similar experience at this resort, there are cedar cabins featuring pillow top queen sized mattress with high thread count sateen linens. They also include a full kitchen, full bathroom and a set of bunk beds. They looked nice from the outside and all lined up on the back of the park in a row.

Summary
All in all, we enjoyed a pleasant experience minus the heat. We now know we can’t go during three digit weather. It just hardly feels worth it. But, for those who love the heat, you’ll enjoy cooling off the many ways the resort has to offer, especially in the lake.

Thumb dons rv rig
Gone to Onalaska!

For our last camping trip of Summer 2015, we set out for 2 nights beginning Friday, August 7, 2015 at beautiful Lake Livingston in Onalaska’s north shore. No, not Alaska. Onalaska. Although, I’d ce...

• cable tv