Norris Dam State Park East

Rocky Top, TN 37705 865-426-7461 Official Website

Max Stay: 14

Barratt
TN 30' Jayco JayFeather
“Site is ok.... if you like the open field type of place”

Reviewed Sep 03, 2018

We love Norris Dam State Park. However, I guess you could say we are more of a "West Side" type of person. To me it feels like the East Campground is an afterthought to just have more spaces to cram people. It's just basically an open field with no shade. There is much more shade and a nicer bathhouse at the West Campground. The west bathhouse is air conditioned and new. Now I did hear someone say that it had burned at one point, so I guess it was possibly updated then. The bathhouse at the East Campground is very simplistic, no air conditioning, and very low water pressure. I don't recommend staying at the East Campground unless you like a big open field and staring at a substation tower. If you do go I would recommend sites 2 and 3 the most, as they are the only ones well shaded. If you are tent camping and have a canopy for shelter then I would suggest site p2, but it is very open with no shade and at the base of a substation tower. Check out my blog review that is linked for more information.

John T
21' Coachmen Viking 21RD
Site Number: East 1

John T would stay here again

“Magnificent state park”

Reviewed Nov 26, 2017

Rate was discounted for senior citizen. Stayed 5 nights, the second week in October. I was in the East campground, by the dam, and I had a corner site by itself on the edge of the cliff above the spillway. Electric/water hookups, with a dump station on the campground loop.This state park is absolutely delightful. Every evening, I drove down to the dam to sit and watch the sunset. From here, I went sightseeing at Cumberland Gap, the Oak Ridge Nuclear Laboratories, the Museum of Appalachia (right next to the park) and the Big South Fork Scenic Railroad.

Verizon

Norris Dam East

Yeah, keep it Undo Close

• swimming pool: outdoor
  • restaurant
  • swimming pool: outdoor

Norris dam state park west
Norris Dam State Park West
Big Ridge State Park
Maynardville, TN
Volunteer Park Family Campground
Heiskell, TN
Escapees raccoon valley rv park
Escapees Raccoon Valley RV Park