Question about Nomad View Dispersed Camping

BillK asked on 4/13/2021

Will the roads accommodate a 37’ Class A?

Answered on 4/21/2021:

To access the camping area, you follow what would best be described as a dirt road, at worst, tire grooves in dried mud. In my experience there, I saw rigs that large, so I suspect it depends on the weather. But I say, give it a chance. It’s all apart of the adventure.

Answered on 4/15/2021:

We took our 32 foot motorhome w/dinghy down the road but we had to go VERY slow. The roads are not even and extremely bumpy. If you have a dinghy, I would suggest scoping out the area in the car first then if all is OK. Bring the motorhome.
Ufronia
Keystone summerland
Ford f150

Answered on 4/15/2021:

When we were there we saw large 5th wheels and class A's view the location on google maps to get an idea. The dirt road is very muddy after ia rains, so be ware of that.
Wander Wagon
De Pere, WI
21' Livin' Lite Camplite
Chevrolet Silverado

Answered on 4/14/2021:

Sure, it is just grass and dirt prairie.
Voyagers On Wheels
Ulster Park, NY
33' Winnebago 2008 Voyage

Answered on 4/14/2021:

Yes, the only consideration is the weather. If it has rained or if rain is in the forecast the road is very slippery and you could get stuck. Best to check the weather forecast for the time you will be there. We had a day with some rain after we'd already parked but left a day later so the road was OK.
Judy
GA
30' KZ Spree
2015 Ram 1500

Answered on 4/14/2021:

I've seen large Class As here. However, if it's rained recently or is forcasted to rain while you will be there, it's chancy. The road is dirt and the ruts get pretty deep.
WildStyle
Stockholm, NJ
34' Dutchmen Four Winds Super C diesel

Answered on 4/14/2021:

Space wise yes. As long as its not wet which it rarely is.
Rollin Down The Road

1bike
Minneapolis, MN
22' Roadtrek 210 Popular

Answered on 4/14/2021:

When I was there, I saw several large class A's - the only thing to worry about is if it rains, the roads turn to mud. This happened to us and several class A's got stuck (most opted to wait).

Answered on 4/14/2021:

The road condition is completely dependent on the last time it rained and how many people try to drive it when it is still wet. We have a 34ft Class A and we were able to drive slowly to get in. Once we reached the cliff edge, we found a spot not too far from the entrance road. We did see a 40ft Class A come in and drive down the road a bit to find a spot. If you have a tow vehicle, I would definitely scout ahead and check out the road conditions before bringing in the Class A. We stayed a week and it was one of the best locations we have boondocked!
Iowa Pete
34' NuWa Discover America
Ram 3500

Answered on 4/14/2021:

I got in with a 35vfoot 5th wheel pulled by a long bed king cab truck. Go slow, take your time, avoid ruts and potholes and you should be fine. If you have a road, you may want to unhook and check it out first. Use the access road nearest the National Park entrance.