Nisqually John Landing

509-751-0240

Pad Type: gravel
SubaruVagabond

Subaru Outback

SubaruVagabond would stay here again

“Gravel lot next to river, in the canyon”

Reviewed Sep 19, 2015

I almost didn't leave this spot! I'm sitting in my next location somewhat bummed that I left this spot instead of hanging out here longer. It is a beautiful spot, right on the Snake River, nestled into the canyon. I'll go ahead and give my review since I don't see any already here.

I failed to take any pictures of this actual location, but I will add a small description. It is only a large gravel lot, surrounded by some grass with covered picnic tables and fire rings. The fire rings are not allowed during a good chunk of summer--from mid June to mid October (I believe the 10th on both). There aren't really any set sites other than those in the grass that you won't be getting a vehicle to, though some are right next to the lot. The lot itself really acts as more of a decently sized parking lot. That said, it was all very high quality for what it was.

The whole area is very clean, with easy access and a wonderful location. At this specific spot, I got 2-3 bars of Verizon 3G and 1-2 bars LTE with the booster. I actually spoke to a highway patrolman who came through at night, and it is clear that there is an active patrol through there, giving a sense of added security there.

There are a lot of people coming and going, especially using the boat ramp, and it is right next to a train that does come by sometimes in the middle of the night. In that regard, there is noise, but my experience was otherwise good in that regard.

It is worth noting that there are camp sites located all up and down the road along the river. It looks like there's one in particular noted on Campendium already, but there are far more--the shore of the river is littered with options. Some have better views of the river, with less traffic coming and going. All are next to the train tracks, however. Some also didn't have any cell service at all, if that's a preference.

about Nisqually John Landing?

• boat ramp

Chief Timothy Park
Blyton landing
Blyton Landing
Colton, Washington
Hells Canyon Resort
Hillview RV Park
Clarkston, Washington
Cenex gas station clarkston wa
Cenex Gas Station