Mule Mountains Dispersed

Palo Verde, CA 92266
760-833-7100

Pad Type: dirt
Max Stay: 14

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

Treehouse
Colchester, VT BMW Z3 (or motorcycles)
Site Number: Coon Hollow

Treehouse would stay here again

“Sprawling BLM w nice sites”

Reviewed Feb 01, 2019

We camped here one night while on a weeklong camping meander. Peaceful, scenic, Colorado Desert get away. As previous reviewer noted this is prime "rock hound" country. We found many stones already polished from previous campers around our site. Sites were spaced pretty well and very clean. Trash cans dispersed well. Very nice tables, grills and fire pits (at least in Coon Hollow). We camped in the north loop. Heard some partying in the south loop at night but ended welt and never obnoxious. It is about 5 miles down a washboard road with washouts but we had no problem in a Z3 but then again I drive a lot of stupid places... "camp host" asked if we were doing a little camping and didn't know how to respond to that as I was setting up my tent, he seemed like a nice old guy w a confederate flag plate on his truck. I will find myself here again someday. (Mountains pretty far away unless u have an ATV etc)

Site Number: Dispersed

LesleyCPhoto would stay here again

“Wide open spaces & ROCKHOUNDING!!!”

Reviewed Mar 23, 2018

We had a great time in the desert looking for treasures. We actually camped across the road from Coon Hollow. Just after the road into the campground there is a road on the left that goes back in quite a ways. We are in a minivan and really wanted to go did for geodes but we could not get to there in the van. So we spent most of our time rockhounding around our camp and trust me there are tons of awesome rocks to be found!!! I even found my 1st piece of JASPER!!!

about Mule Mountains Dispersed?

• Dispersed Camping