Mt Hood Village Resort

Portland, OR
27 Fleetwood Jamboree
“Too expensive- no Wifi”

Reviewed Jun 11, 2015

We stayed 2 nights and used our Passport America membership for 50% off the $50 nightly rate otherwise I would not have stayed here. There is also a $4 per night resort fee plus 7% lodging tax in Oregon.

The campground is very large and can accommodate big rigs (we saw some real monsters) plus there are rental cabins and tent sites. The office staff is very friendly and helpful.

Although the brochure advertises “Wifi”, free WiFi is available only in the lodge and not at campsites. You can pay to use Wifi at the campsites if you like, or you’d have to use a booster to get a cell signal or just unplug like we did.

Laundry is $2 wash/$2 dry. The machines are big and the laundry and restroom buildings are clean and secure – you can only enter with a pass code and there are several laundry and restrooms throughout the campground. The restroom near our site was closed so we couldn’t review it but I did take a stroll into the lodge and used that restroom which was very clean and well stocked.

The lodge has a pool table, foosball, a big screen TV - all which need office permission to use (they keep the balls, remote, etc.) and the lodge closes at 9:00pm. There is a craft table and two big comfortable couches and several easy chairs along with a big fireplace - there was no fire when we were there in fact I was the only person in the lodge. There are a couple of games – I saw Pictionary and Bonkers. The magazines are mixed and mostly 2012 and older. The videos are VHS and mostly Disney. The books are mostly Historical Romances with a few cookbooks and How-To reference books. Because the resort had few guests when we visited, I imagine the books, videos and such as I saw are basically what they have. The fitness center was open but the pool was closed - I visited around 2:00 in the afternoon so why it was closed I do not know. It was open the next day.

There is a cafe with simple fare (pancakes, burgers, sandwiches, ice cream coffee, etc.) and a store with high prices and limited stock. A six pack of Mike’s Hard Cider is $10, a six pack of Coors Lite is $9.

The grounds are very clean and well maintained and the dumpsters are emptied twice daily. There is a lot of shade but not much room for an awning – we didn’t put ours up because we didn’t feel there was enough clearance or perhaps we just didn’t park correctly? Each spot has a big fire ring and picnic table. The sites are level but not paved and there are only a hand full of pull-thrus. The hookups are sturdy, both have 30 & 50 amp and look well maintained although I did see a couple with the electrical covers broken off but no one was assigned to those spots. Since there were few people when we visited the staff assigned spots with plenty of space between each. I imagine this place fills up in the peak season which would be July-September. The resort is open year round so for winter sports it would be a great base.

All in all it was a quiet, enjoyable experience and because this was our very first time using our RV and Mt. Hood RV Village was the closest park to our Motor home, we decided to stay there. I probably wouldn’t visit again just because of the non-existent WiFi and because of the $50 a night rate and the $4 a night added resort fee. But for a first time visit, it was great!

AT&T Extended

about Mt Hood Village Resort?

• swimming pool: onsite

McNeil
Camp creek campground
Camp Creek Campground
Rhododendron, Oregon
Lost creek campground mt hood nf
Lost Creek Campground
Rhododendron, Oregon
Lost lake campground mt hood nf
Lost Lake Campground