Mt. Greylock Campsite Park

Thumb 2018 0623 09042100
thestreamlinedlif...
Oklahoma City, OK 26' Lance 2185 Toyota Tundra SR5
Site Number: 68A
“Beautiful State Park Like Setting”

Reviewed Jan 03, 2019

We stayed here from July 23-October 22, 2018 while my husband completed a medical rotation in the nearby town of Pittsfield. We had the last RV site on the backside of the property with tent camping spots to one side and an RV spot to another. We LOVED how peaceful and remote this property is with also being just 15 minutes from Pittsfield.

The property is under new ownership, and the new owners, Patricia and Gordon, are so kind. We talked to them a lot about the upgrades that are coming to the park, and I think it will be incredible once they are through with it.

Getting to this park is a bit nerve-wracking. Scott Road is narrow and in pretty bad shape (as of Fall 2018) so take your time and don't be nervous. We thought we were in the wrong place, but we
The sites are all different sizes, so it's important to be clear and realistic about the size of your rig. I would try to get a spot farther back in the campground so there's less traffic, especially if you have kids like we do. Some of the spots look VERY hard to back-into, so make sure you know what you're capable of. ;)

Our spot was nestled in the trees and backed up to woods; there was even a stream down below! My kids had plenty of space to play and roam, and since it's gated, felt fairly safe. Although this is a privately owned campground, it feels like a state park.

The bathrooms and laundry are so-so; I've definitely seen better. But I know that they are in the process of updating it all, so I would check back in with them if that sort of thing is a deal-breaker for you.

We got a monthly rate of $695 (hence the nightly rate I calculated being much lower than their normal rate) and this included a weekly pump-out of our black-water. It was so nice to not have to worry about this the whole time we stayed there! We paid $75/mo through their local internet provider to have reliable internet, and while I wasn't crazy about spending that much, I needed it for work.

There's a great playground for kids, a pool, a pond, and a rec hall with games and a fireplace. They regularly put on events and the Halloween trick or treat was so good! My kids LOVED staying here, and that ranks pretty high in my book, if my kids are happy.

The campground also backs up to Mt. Greylock, and we loved driving up it for amazing scenic vistas and hiking. There's also a great visitor center that we enjoyed exploring. The surrounding Berkshires are just gorgeous and there is so much to do in this area. Pittsfield has a great museum (Berkshire Museum), library, and plenty of lakes for dropping in a kayak.

I highly recommend this park, and if you go, say hi to Patricia and Gordon for us!

Thumb 20131214143548.jpg
Bsleuman
20' Custom cargo trailer

Bsleuman would stay here again

“Nice stop over / New owners?”

Reviewed Sep 24, 2018

Campground is about 1/2 mile off paved road. Gravel road is solid but narrow in spots. It's a gated park so you must be buzzed in. I got the impression that it's being operated by new owners. Was a lot of activity around the office like installing a new sign.
Camp sites are up the hill from the office and locating our site was easy. Our site # 37 was a little muddy but fairly level. Nobody was in 38 or 38A which would have been pretty close for my liking. WiFi was available free at the rec hall near office. Site WiFi was high speed @ $5 per day for 2 devices. Sky Web Networks was the provider.
Was able to get 3 free over the air TV stations.
Bathhouse was a short walk and was clean and bright. Not sure but it looked like they may be undergoing an upgrade. 2 pay showers each side. Each stall had a bench and plenty of hooks.
Arrived Saturday about noon and heard a lot of what sounded like gunfire from a nearby gun range. It lasted for about an hour then all was quiet. Camp was quiet after dark.
There is a small camp store in the office and a rec center

about Mt. Greylock Campsite Park?

• Game room