Mountain Park

Verizon
Thumb camping dog
MtnGalCamper
Littleton, CO 35' Keystone Cougar Xlite
“Satisfactory experience in Poudre Canyon”

Reviewed Nov 28, 2018

I was excited that I had actually obtained a "riverside" site with electric hook-up. However, I was disappointed to learn that the river was down a steep cliff way back behind the campsite. The campsite map on Recreation.gov is deceiving. The road noise was also a problem during the daytime even with the loud river flowing between the campground and the highway. There is absolutely no Verizon coverage here. When I went to ask the campground host about where I could get coverage (for necessary work purposes), he wasn't too friendly but told me to drive 5 miles west to the next town. Sporadic coverage could be obtained close to the general store there. My son, my dog, and I did hike to the top of Mt. McConnel where there was 4G coverage at the very top! It was a nice hike. Recommend it. Other than fishing and hiking, there wasn't much else around to see/do. The Poudre River is gorgeous though. We all loved wading in the cool water. So 2 nights was plenty of time to spend here (just a quick weekend get-away). The shower and bathroom facilities were well kept and clean. Firepits and picnic tables at each site. Campsites were all full this August weekend.

Verizon