Mounds State Park

Reservations yes

Elevation 906 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Mounds State Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Mounds State Park

Reviews of Mounds State Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 8/9/2016
Last reported 6/28/2017
Sprint 3G
Last reported 8/9/2016
“Spacious, well maintained park and camping”

Reviewed 6/28/2017

I actually live in Anderson and was looking for a place to do a good several days trial run of my first camper trailer. Here are the pros and cons of Moubds State Park.

Pros: large very well maintained camping sites. Not crowded at all when I was there, but even if it had been, at least it felt like a campground and not an RV parking lot! Asphalt parking pads, picnic tables, fire rings. Some nice mature trees, and plenty of grassy area. The park itself is not large, but offers really nice trails, a pool with splash pad and really nice relaxing areas. All the staff I dealt with were awesome! Not far at all from town and anything you might need.

Cons: Electric only. Not a big deal for me by myself, but for a larger group it might be inconvenient to not have water hook up. Right next to small city airport. Not busy, and actually kind of cool to watch the occasional plane, but might bother some.

I actually took a tumble off of a ladder while there by myself and my neighbor came over to help. Was a nice guy. I ended up cutting my time there short due to injuries, but felt secure leaving the camper there unattended for a few days until I could get back out to hitch up and bring home. I'm looking forward to going back out. The treeline sites seemed quite a bit smaller to me, but no one behind you. I personally thought 42 and 41 were the best sires with spacious grassy areas as well as a bit of shade.

Jpochard would stay here again

“Very large site in back of park”

Reviewed 8/9/2016

We stayed here for 4 nights Thurs through Mon. Our site was in the very back loop of the park with about 10 other sites. These are all back in sites with electric only. There was great afternoon shade and the water spigot was between our site and site 62, close enough for us to hook up our hose and fill our tank. We had an issue with the electric when we arrived after 6 pm and the park supervisor came back in to fix it for us. They were extremely accommodating all weekend.

These back sites would be great for a group of friends to camp together as it really is its own section away from the crowds in the front of the park. There are lots of great walking trails and it's a kid's dream for bike riding through the trails around the campground.

The park was full on the weekend but on Thursday and Sunday night we only had 1 neighbor each night and they were both tent campers who arrived late and left early. They do not have any 50amp sites which made it a little warmer inside during the day with only 1 AC running but we we're outside most of the time.

Sprint 3G

Gallavanting Gals would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Mounds State Park!

Be the first to add a video for Mounds State Park!

Have you written a blog post about Mounds State Park?

Timberline Valley RV Resort