Moose River Campground

Tomp
Maple Plain, MN
28 Airstream International CCD
2005 2005 Chev. Duramax Silverado P/U

Tomp would stay here again

“Clean, well maintained full service at all sites, wonderful location Moose Riverside.”

Reviewed Jun 03, 2017

Not sure about who or which are old timers referred to by other reviewer, but the owners that greeted us were very nice, respectful of our time and needs after a long day driving the mountains. We were invited to a Saturday night free dinner of soup and sandwiches. The C/G is laid out by the river, spacious sites, asphalt pads and driveways, fire pit area for the group and a community meeting hall.

Everything was clean and well maintained, grass growing and groomed, full services at each site, excellent wifi. The C/G setting is at the base of the mountain alongside the Moose River which babbles past the campsites.

It's a bit pricey, but thats the east coast for you. It is right on the VT/NH border and worth every penny. Plenty of well kept seasonals and you can see why once you are here. Most are big and new fivers or class A's.

We opted for a second night after the weather cleared for a day.

Verizon Extended

Thumb 1926935 606505542753672 1849089407 n 420x420
Nathan @ Wand'rly

14 Volkswagen Bus, Champagne Edition, Riviera Campwagen

Nathan @ Wand'rly would stay here again

“May I grow and set in my own good ways”

Reviewed May 10, 2015

Traveling New England in the summertime will teach you to avoid water, for the Mosquitos do come and when they come, I assure you they do so thick.

Keeping that in mind, my favorite part of this park was the old folks on the porch who greeted us. They were true old timers, one foot in the grave but the other still happily tapping along to the beat of life.

They took one look at my Lady's dreadlocks, our beat up old hippie van, and our adorable (if cranky) then baby Winter...and we were in for life. I wasn't sure we'd ever get to our site, and the fact that it was right up against the river had me wondering if I would even want to.

But, there were absolutely no mosquitos. I think back fondly on that babbling brook, on those smiling old men and women, and would gladly return here again were the situation to warrant a cavalcade of cheek pinching and overheard tales of how black and white television was just so much better.

about Moose River Campground?

• general store