Mono Vista RV Park

John and Pam
York, PA
41 Fleetwood Discovery
2013 Jeep Wrangler
“The only place in the area with hook ups!”

Reviewed Oct 10, 2015

We chose this park as there wasn't anything else with electric. We could only get a W/E site, but the park does have some FHU sites. The park is very tight in most areas. We had a pull through site but with our slides out, we went from one side of our space to the other and the site is very unlevel, as are many sites. The front row of FHU sites are on gravel with grass between and are a little better spaced than our area. The best area is the few back-in side on the north side of the park. They have a beautiful mountain view our front and a partial lake view in the back, as well as a small grass area outside the door. You can also use a roof top satellite dish here. These sites are W/E only. While we didn't use the showers, we were offered tokens for five minutes of hot water. You are allowed one token a person each day of your stay. There is no WiFi and no cable. The park is heavily treed so roof top dishes usually don't work in most areas. However, we have a portable dish that we used from the front of our MH. If we were to return to the general area, we would stay in Mammoth Lakes area. The RV Parks are much nicer.

Thumb 1926935 606505542753672 1849089407 n 420x420
Nathan @ Wand'rly

14 Volkswagen Bus, Champagne Edition, Riviera Campwagen
“Just nice. ”

Reviewed May 30, 2015

"Well hi there!" I'm in a great mood. It's a sunny day in Lee Vining and I'm looking forward to exploring the cute town and national park and forests nearby.

I'm speaking to an older gentleman who's coming out of the RV park's office.

"Is that your dog?" he replies, looking toward my 13 year old son walking our chocolate lab in the road near some tent sites.

"Yeah."

"The dog walk is over there," his reply is rude. My mood changes pretty quickly. "People sleep and walk in that grass."

It was pavement but whatever. I continue into the office.

A similar attitude of dismissal and unmannerly communication ensues. I check in, for the one night only. She charges me $35. I tell her we probably won't need shower tokens. She says they're free, the first four anyway. I say I'll check with my family if they want to shower in the public bathrooms instead of our Airstream. Suddenly the price changes to $39 and she asks for the difference.

Later, my son returns to collect the tokens. "We don't give tokens out to children."

I'm told the rules several times. No ground fires. No carpets on the grass. Like, five times each. I'm pretty annoyed at the entire experience with the staff.

Otherwise, I spent as little time as possible at the typically packed up so they can rack the dollars up park. There are several permanent residents in trailers but the place is very well kept and neat. Cotton from the poplar trees is everywhere, which I rather enjoy.

Did I mention there are no wood fires? Or carpets allowed on the ground?

We filled up a ton of water, and paying for the full hookup spot is cheaper than it would have been to pay $12 at nearby dump stations, and a night of full hookups was nice. Walking to town was nice. The sounds of foreigners as they chose this (or simply weren't able to get into) over Yosemite was nice.

So that's my review title.

Thumb img 5777   version 2
Mono Lake – June 2018

We have been camped in Lee Vining (CA) for a little bit, affording us time to visit Yosemite National Park.  More on Lee Vining later, but in or close to Lee Vining on the eastern slope of the Easte...

Hiking to Parker Lake and Some Hot Water

Lee Vining, CA On Wednesday morning we drove south of our RV park here in Lee Vining to explore the June Lake Scenic Loop,  a loop road about 15 miles long that passes by a number of beautiful l...

Arriving at Mono Lake, CA

Lee Vining, CA We stayed in Carson City for an extra day to let some rainy weather pass.  When Monday dawned with clear skies, we headed south on US-395 into the Eas...

Arriving at Mono Lake, CA