Question about Monahans Sandhills State Park

Thumb 1498873442405577339963

Becca and Winslow asked on 11/20/2019

I noticed that most reviews say $15 per night, but one mentioned a "utility fee" of $15 that's tacked on. Does the utility fee only come into play when you need hookups? That is, is it like NM state parks where they have both primitive sites/no hook ups and sites with hook ups?

Answered on 11/21/2019:

They might be referring to the daily use entry fee person per day at Texas state parks that is not included in nightly camping fee. If you plan to camp at Texas state parks in the next year, just get a pass for $70. That covers all day use fees for your whole family and gets you half off 2nd night stay.
Leesurely
36' Fleetwood Prowler 2005 Ford F350

Answered on 11/21/2019:

We were there a couple of years ago, and we definitely weren't charged an extra fee over the $15 per day. We had a TX state park pass, so the $4 entry fee per day didn't apply to us. If you try to book a reservation today, there's no additional fee added beyond the nightly fee and the entrance fee, so I'd probably call the park office for clarification.
LyfsArt
San Anselmo, CA 28' Airstream International Serenity 2016 GMC Sierra Denali HD

Answered on 11/21/2019:

To the best of my recollection, the extra fee is for all campsites. I think, actually, that all sites are electric
Thumb clem ws
Clementine
13' Ford Transit Connect

Answered on 11/21/2019:

I’m sorry I don’t know the answer to that. I have a small rig and have only used electric. So my payments have always been $15 a $4 park entrance fee. I can tell you it’s worth it even at $30! It’s beautiful, almost surreal the way it is nestled in the dunes it feels like you are on another planet!
Thumb img 20180324 105915465
WatsonsWander
25' Airstream Safari Toyota Tundra

Answered on 11/21/2019:

All the sites have electric and water for $15 a night. On top of that, you have to pay $4/day, for each person. It's a Texas State Park thing. I suspect that it what they meant by "utility fee".
Thumb img 20171106 141748734
LMLong
Buffalo Gap, TX 16' Airstream Bambi Chevrolet Colorado

Answered on 11/21/2019:

No idea what a utility fee is. The Texas state park I'm in charges $10 for primitive sites. 20 for hookups. You pay $6/person entry fee.
Thumb image
CarlaMowell
Denton, TX 14' 72 Tejas Subaru Outback

Answered on 11/28/2019:

I would contact them directly. I dry camped when I was there, or maybe electricity only.