Merritt Reservoir State Rec Area

T-Mobile
Lesar
Shelby, NE
15Jayco Pinnacle
“For a Nebraska SRA, this place is a dump.”

Reviewed Jan 06, 2018

My wife and I had never been to Merritt Reservoir and truly were looking forward to the long trip from eastern-central Nebraska for some much needed R&R. All the areas to camp in are sand, sand burs & prickly pear. The part of the park we staying in (Beeds) was not kept up at all. Not once did we see a park manager or worker cleaning up fire-pits or even picking up any trash. People even left their site registration stub in all the site posts. I read some of the dates on them and concluded they had been hanging there for quite some time. Really? No one manages this loop and I really have my doubts they manage any of the others. Seemed the rangers or workers were no-shows, 24-7. I have attached pics for your viewing. You won't believe how dilapidated this SRA is. The fire-pits were full of trash from campers before us. We did notice a camper a few sites from us that left his garbage and trash in the fire-pit, upon his departure. How stupid and lack of respect for fellow campers is that? How gross is that?... and again... nobody came around to pick it up. Guess people don't look for the dumpsters and just don't care. We did take our pontoon along and did some fishing. Normally, the lake is supposed to be one of the best fishing spots in Nebraska, but the duration we were there, we didn't get one bite. Part of fishing, I guess. Spent our time fishing the entire lake. We were told, by a fellow fisherman, the fish had lockjaw (didn't want to open their mouths). That pretty much described our fishing excursion. Besides, the fish cleaning station near us had orange snow fence around because it was closed.... not working. In the 6 days we were there, not even one worker showed to work on or repair it during our stay. Very honestly... we will not be going back to Merritt Reservoir SRA..... no way! Truthfully... Nebraska Game & Parks should be totally ashamed of this park and the people they hire to take care of it. I really wonder if anyone even cares for the park? Merritt is so far out in the sand hills, the workers can literately hide from the Game and Parks Commission. A real Dump of a park. I can't say anything good about this one. So SAD for NGPC.

AT&T
Sprint
Verizon
T-Mobile

about Merritt Reservoir State Rec Area?

Merritt trading post resort